Outdoor burning laws

/ Outdoor burning laws #1  

RidgeTopWVA

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4400
I found out in my home state that you are not allowed to burn wood pallets or crates made out of wood outside but you can burn tree branches and pieces of a tree/firewood outside. What is the difference between not burning a piece of wood from a pallet/crate outside but it is ok to burn pallet/crate material in my fireplace or wood stove. :unsure:
If I have a camp fire in a state park I am not allowed to have some wood scraps/ blocks etc from construction work in the campfire but I can have a piece of wood from a tree bark/ branches in the same fire.

Last edited:
   / Outdoor burning laws #4  
In WA we can't burn lumber or scrap iron.

:(

burn.jpg

Bruce

/ Outdoor burning laws #8  
A lot of towns seem to have that stipulation. I suspect it's because construction wood make be painted, or treated with some other substance.
It would take too much of an effort in the ordinance to distinguish between painted and unpainted wood.😵

/ Outdoor burning laws #10  
I found out in my home state that you are not allowed to burn wood pallets or crates made out of wood outside but you can burn tree branches and pieces of a tree/firewood outside. What is the difference between not burning a piece of wood from a pallet/crate outside but it is ok to burn pallet/crate material in my fireplace or wood stove. :unsure:
If I have a camp fire in a state park I am not allowed to have some wood scraps/ blocks etc from construction work in the campfire but I can have a piece of wood from a tree bark/ branches in the same fire.
The ordinance is in place to prevent commercial interests burning piles of pallets every day.🤔