Outdoor burning laws

/ Outdoor burning laws #11  
In WA we can't burn lumber or scrap iron.

:(

View attachment 801630

Bruce
Here, a burn barrel with the bottom removed and a few holes for air flow is the go to method for burning yard waste to remove the occasional stump

We work on the don't ask don't tell policy for storm/ tornado damage cleanup.

If it burns it goes in the bonfire. If it's questionable, it still goes on the pile.

Epa was running around my area both times we got smoked by a Tornado.

There were fires going everywhere My yard, neighbors yard, as well as pretty much every property in it's path

Epa guy stated "Give a redneck a match!! And they will have things cleaned up in no time!!!"

He said that to the my elderly neighbor. Neighbor asked him if he had enough stones to try and start fining people or telling them they need to stop burning

Epa guy said "Nope, I ain't that dumb!!!! They just have me out here monitoring air quality!!!!"

/ Outdoor burning laws #12  
I don't burn a lot, but will probably do a fire this fall. I consider clean wood fine. The county doesn't want trash burning (no burning plastic, fiberglass, etc). It doesn't hurt to go over the ashes with a magnet.

/ Outdoor burning laws
Never heard of an ordnance depicting what wood to burn and not to burn. Legislating common sense seems to be the new normal in some areas of the country.

/ Outdoor burning laws #14  
The USDA requires that all pallets be treated to prevent the spread of pests. In the past it was common to treat them with methyl bromide, which is nasty stuff, you don't want to be burning it. There is now a heat treating process that is chemical free.

/ Outdoor burning laws #15  
I found out in my home state that you are not allowed to burn wood pallets or crates made out of wood outside but you can burn tree branches and pieces of a tree/firewood outside. What is the difference between not burning a piece of wood from a pallet/crate outside but it is ok to burn pallet/crate material in my fireplace or wood stove. :unsure:
If I have a camp fire in a state park I am not allowed to have some wood scraps/ blocks etc from construction work in the campfire but I can have a piece of wood from a tree bark/ branches in the same fire.
If you're in WV...

Materials Illegal to Open Burn​

• Household trash (burn barrels and/or piles) including paper products - such as cardboard, boxes, etc.
  • Construction, building, or demolition materials (examples: lumber, flooring, roofing material, carpet, plastic, Styrofoam, etc.)
  • Wood pallets and other packaging materials
  • Tires or other rubber products
  • Asbestos-containing materials including building materials
  • Insulation from copper wire
  • Waste paints, waste oil, or solvents

/ Outdoor burning laws
I have no problem burning it in the fireplace or wood furnace out here in the sticks away from town.
The USDA requires that all pallets be treated to prevent the spread of pests. In the past it was common to treat them with methyl bromide, which is nasty stuff, you don't want to be burning it. There is now a heat treating process that is chemical free.

/ Outdoor burning laws
I don't burn a lot, but will probably do a fire this fall. I consider clean wood fine. The county doesn't want trash burning (no burning plastic, fiberglass, etc). It doesn't hurt to go over the ashes with a magnet.
I have a yard magnet on wheels and it works great.

/ Outdoor burning laws #18  
I have a yard magnet on wheels and it works great.
After we had our house sided and re-roofed, I gave my kid a large magnet and paid her a nickel for every nail she found in the grass. She found enough that I regret that decision. :ROFLMAO:

/ Outdoor burning laws
After we had our house sided and re-roofed, I gave my kid a large magnet and paid her a nickel for every nail she found in the grass. She found enough that I regret that decision. :ROFLMAO:
That's what memories are made of . You and her both will be able to fondly look back and talk and laugh about it years down the road..