Can you live without a TV ?

/ Can you live without a TV ? #31  
I eliminated TV’s from my home in 2010, it’s now been 13 years without a television set in my house. Guess what, life is pretty good without that appliance around. I just find other things to do. And now days it’s mostly all crap anyway. I glance at local news and weather online. Plus it has saved me a ton of money and I absolutely refuse to pay for tv service. What am I missing but politicians lying to me, the media lying to me, etc.
No TV since 2000. Late night AM talk radio is where it's at.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #32  
I was at a shop. They do cars. Had a 68 firebird, Corvette modern engine, computer. No glass in it. Sanded primer outside. Milk crate for a seat. No interior at all. Said he had 64,000 in it right then.
I see cars that you know had to cost $100K plus go through those auctions and bring $30-$50K. Just depends who is bidding that day.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #33  
The batteries for the tv remote went dead here in 2004. For the life of me, I could not remember to pick up new batteries when I was at the store. Something was up. I have a way of forgetting to do things or dismissing things that are unimportant (to me).

/ Can you live without a TV ? #34  
I see cars that you know had to cost $100K plus go through those auctions and bring $30-$50K. Just depends who is bidding that day.
Them absolute auctions burn folks sometimes.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #35  
I eliminated TV’s from my home in 2010, it’s now been 13 years without a television set in my house. Guess what, life is pretty good without that appliance around. I just find other things to do. And now days it’s mostly all crap anyway. I glance at local news and weather online. Plus it has saved me a ton of money and I absolutely refuse to pay for tv service. What am I missing but politicians lying to me, the media lying to me, etc.
How do you know who to vote for if you don't see which politicians are lying?

/ Can you live without a TV ? #37  
I was at a shop. They do cars. Had a 68 firebird, Corvette modern engine, computer. No glass in it. Sanded primer outside. Milk crate for a seat. No interior at all. Said he had 64,000 in it right then.
They're creating a white elephant. We see that here. Neither Pontiac or Chevy people like it, they've limited their prospective buyers. My wife has a '68 RA Formula 400 3 speed (manual...Dearborn 3 speed). We put a 455 in it which is ok...still have the 400.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #39  
What is the game? China is the new dominant manufacturing power of the world. We willingly let that happen. We made them the world power. We had choices. TV made here or in China. We picked China. Computers make here or in China, we picked China. Cars made here or in China, we will again pick China soon. Is it worth a war? Or do we just accept it. We already did, for 30 years cause it saved us $2 on a wrench, or other part or thing. If the China sea becomes HOT, why are we there? Its their space, we gave it to them. We bought it for them with our own little buying habits of being cheap, and what was allowed.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #40  
We don't drink, smoke, or do drugs and never did, we don't even like coffee, wife does drink tea though.

We do really like some shows on TV, so my wife says "let's just spend our money on sat. TV" and we do.

I have it on as I type this...

BTW, our TV wasn't made in china.

SR