Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
I was told they would have to check with some vendors to find the parts. Would be a lot less trouble to cannibalize.
The hoses and fittings are all metric, but should be available from hyd shop in larger towns. Or DiscountHydraulicHose.com.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #402  
. I started it and proceeded to move it when fluid shot out of the right hub motor lines. The restrictors going in to the 50MM bosses on top of the motor had been sheered off.
Every excavator I've used has had all that stuff behind a bolt on plate almost impossible to break off?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #403  
I will certainly be welding up some covers knowing what I know now.My experience with CE stuff is it's very well engineered now, but to meet that " Got to have it" price point , they then start subtracting things that are not needed for the machine to function.
Not much thought is given to longevity. " Buyer beware..Or be really Skilled at making parts ".

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
I did not show it in this thread, but I made a rock deflector for the rear of the machine. Not much to attach to, but it serves. I will prob make a rock protector for the blade cylinder, too.

One really easy way to protect the boom cyl for the smaller units is just to reverse the cylinder, so hoses are between the cyl and the boom. I showed that in an above post.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #405  
My engineering frame of mind is that a day spent repairing would be better spent in prevention. Most of my machines have been bullet proofed in some fashion. Thanks for all the tips so far.
RB.Auctions say my mini will done as soon as possible. We shall wait and see.
I'll post any improvements I make, hopefully with pictures. Just have to get my tech (Wife) on board for pictures.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #406  
You will definitely have to Disect the Fuel Cap, The B&S EPA Cap, boils the Gas in the Tank.

Next, the Hour Meter may not last, I added 1 of these, with Tach from Amazon.

1684962852577.png

Grease Zerks replaced with Nipples 6mm

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #407  
Super, thanks for the heads up. Was wondering what to do about those needle shirt destroyers.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #408  
Anyone know of a good seller to buy a silt bucket from. Have some cow ponds to clean out. Nothing on Ali express. Could go with Alibaba but don't know how long it would take.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #409  
Just heard from RB.Auctions . My mini is repaired. Total cost to them parts plus time, $687.00, word to All is protect those drive lines. I will be picking it up next Wednesday. Wife is coming to take pictures and buy crab cakes in Maryland. Might even split the trip into 2 days and see the shore, who knows.
I'm sure this is not the end of the saga. Thanks for the support , will respond in kind. Parts for upgrades are on order.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #410  
Good they took care of it right away.
I'm guessing somebody hit the line when they moving it with forklift.