Brush Rake?

/ Brush Rake? #1  

columbian

Tractor
Kubota BX 2230
I have a Kubota BX2230 sub-compact and I need an implement to clean up / rake up a field (~600sqft) full of broken branches up to 4" diameter and up to 5' long. Many are stuck in dirt or tangled with others, or both. I do not have a front-loader, hydraulic-arm setup, so it would need to be a rear attachment. I've looked at the "landscape rakes " but they seem kind of light for this job. The brush rakes I see all seem to need the hydraulic front arm setup, which I don't have.

Any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

Tim

Last edited:
   / Brush Rake? #2  
I have a Kubota BX2230 sub-compact and I need an implement to clean up / rake up a field full of broken branches up to 4" diameter and up to 5' long. Many are stuck in dirt or tangled with others, or both. I do not have a front-loader, hydraulic-arm setup, so it would need to be a rear attachment. I've looked at the "landscape rakes " but they seem kind of light for this job. The brush rakes I see all seem to need the hydraulic front arm setup, which I don't have.

Any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

Tim
My rake is heavy duty I think and would do you a good job

/ Brush Rake? #3  

I have a Kubota BX2230 sub-compact tractor.

I need an implement to clean up / rake up a field full of broken branches up to 4" diameter and up to 5' long. Many are stuck in dirt or tangled with others.

Your sub-compact BX2230 tractor has neither the weight nor the ground clearance to provide traction for this clearing task.

I hate to be the harbinger of reality but that is it.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR​

Kubota BX2230​

Kubota BX2230 tractor photo
2004 - 2006
BX30 Series
Sub-Compact Utility tractor
Dimensions
Width:45.1 inches
114 cm
Weight:1290 lbs
585 kg
Ground clearance:6.7 inches
17 cm

Last edited:
   / Brush Rake?
My rake is heavy duty I think and would do you a good job
Thank you Mables, but you're in KY and I'm in WA so I probabbly won't be able to pick yours up. Could you tell me the make/model of your rake and I can maybe find one nearby?

/ Brush Rake?

Kubota BX2230​

Kubota BX2230 tractor photo
2004 - 2006
BX30 Series
Sub-Compact Utility tractor
Dimensions
Width:45.1 inches
114 cm
Weight:1290 lbs
585 kg
Ground clearance:6.7 inches
17 cm
Thank you Jeff. Thanks to four years of latin from the fine Franciscan fathers of Bishop Timon HS, I know that "trahere" is actually the 2nd principal part of the irregular verb, "traho." And while that ain't too tractor-y, once you get to the 4th principal part--traho, trahere, travi, tractus--you're cookin'. As you can see, traho is one of the most irregularest of the irregular verbs you'll come across. Hella unforgettable though, once you see the whole thing laid out. It's been a while--since 1964--hope I didn't get any of that wrong.

/ Brush Rake? #6  
I jury rigged one myself.
Went to a Ritchie Bros auction. There were about 80 new pallet forks and nobody really interested.
The ones I got had the longer forks. I bought 10 sets at $40 each set.
I put the forks from 3 onto one frame. Few minor welds and it works great.
I sold the rest for a tidy sum.

/ Brush Rake? #8  
I have a Woods brand LR72 (6 foot) landscape rake that I believe would be heavy duty enough for a BX. I used this on my BX1850 before getting the Branson I have today. You might have to measure lifting point height vs tractor lift arm height since BX would only lift a few inches off the ground. 4 or 5 foot might have different lift point height.

/ Brush Rake? #9  
600 square feet is only about 25x25, or 10x60. 600 feet square is about 8 acres.

If the first, pull all you can by hand, then tie onto the large ones and pull them out. You won't have to drive over them and risk your fan.

Sounds like you may have a Fir tree or two down and trimmed. I've cleared many like that, with boots, gloves, and BX.

Bruce, a few miles away.

/ Brush Rake? #10  
600 square feet is only about 25x25, or 10x60. 600 feet square is about 8 acres.

If the first, pull all you can by hand, then tie onto the large ones and pull them out. You won't have to drive over them and risk your fan.

Sounds like you may have a Fir tree or two down and trimmed. I've cleared many like that, with boots, gloves, and BX.

Bruce, a few miles away.
600 sq.ft. = 0.014 acres

I agree it can be cleared by hand faster than it will take the OP to post the question to anonymous user groups on the internet