Massive storm clean up

/ Massive storm clean up #101  
If you don’t have the Husqvarna gas/oil can, get one.
I'd love to find one. Have been keeping my eye out for about 2 years now. Rarely, I seem them on Amazon, but they want something like $145 for them. (I saw one from Italy that I almost pulled the trigger on at $71, but then noticed the shipping was $52.) At that price, I can live without one. I just can't find one for a reasonable price available in the US.

Last edited:
   / Massive storm clean up #102  
I'd love to find one. Have been keeping my eye out for about 2 years now. Rarely, I seem them on Amazon, but they want something like $145 for them. (I saw one from Italy that I almost pulled the trigger on at $71, but then noticed the shipping was $52.) At that price, I can live without one. I just can't find one for a reasonable price available in the US.

Well, I spoke too soon. I just found one from the UK on eBay with free shipping for $76. Still more than I want to pay for a fuel can, but having used one belonging to a friend and really liked it, I decided to place the order.

If anyone else is interested, here is the link:
Husqvarna Combi Can - Petrol and Oil Chainsaw Forestry Equipment 5056141978680 | eBay

/ Massive storm clean up #103  
$76 is less than $189 I see another seller was asking. :eek:

/ Massive storm clean up #104  
$76 is less than $189 I see another seller was asking. :eek:
Best I've seen in 2 years of looking. I ordered two. One will be donated to a fund-raising auction for a wildlife and forestry non-profit with which I'm involved.

/ Massive storm clean up
Another good day, but suffered a setback, at 2pm, while dragging a log sideways, we sheared a pin. I heard it snap. It holds both the bucket and the thumb to the dipstick.

1693270161187.jpeg

We were 98% done with hea y logs, so I decided to jhave the tracked skid steer delivered, they will pick up the 315D on same trip.
Very pleased with the Cat Excavator. Did an amazing job overall.

/ Massive storm clean up #107  
Ouch. Jon

/ Massive storm clean up #108  
Nothing a little JB weld couldn't handle 😆!
I can only imagine the work that pin did for you not to mention before. Looking on the bright side it sounds like you have the biggest part done before. 👍

/ Massive storm clean up
I wonder how this repair will be handled. Will I be on the hook for the entire repair, or part of it.

/ Massive storm clean up #110  
Not a big deal as heavy iron goes. I have seen the dipper stick crack on some of the Cats, a bigger pain but repairable as well.