Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #181,431  
Good morning, guys, it is just tiny bit over freezing here and may go up to about 39°F or so, making it easier to get the snow off of the deck. We have had about a total of 4 inches so far. Not enough to do any plowing or snowblowing.

Well, it looks like we might have but I would call a life-changing event here. Someone wants to buy our big 23 acre property with 400 feet of frontage on the lake. We still will have our own place on the lake about 500 m away, but it only has 3/4 of an acre.

The guy has submitted an offer to purchase, which I edited without signing and sent it to his lawyer for further “negotiation”. We are not happy about having to make this decision, as we enjoyed the property a great deal. I have sent you pictures of the boat house before, which I worked on for 10 years. The guy has submitted an offer to purchase, which I edited it without signing and sent it to his lawyer for further “negotiation“. We are not happy about having to make this decision, as we enjoyed the property a great deal I have sent you pictures of the boat house before, which I worked on for 10 years.

On the one hand, it will liberate a lot of equity, and we will be able to pay off any and all mortgages that we have and have a good whack of cash left over to maybe invest. But on the other hand, 23 acres!😫

/ Good morning!!!! #181,432  
and I was just going to make a small pot of soup out of the leftover turkey...
by the time I got home, with onions, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, chopped winter squash, artichoke hearts, red potatoes
and a small amount of sweet sausage and the leftover turkey, the size of the pot definitely grew.
going to let it simmer all day, already smells good, braised the pork first.

watching the thermometer, guess I'll venture out soon to see if my Santa will blow up.
Then once I know it works, I'll start putting down all the extension cords outside.
on this entire cottage, I have one outside outlet. One. Thank goodness for LEDs.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,433  
A massive string of LEDs stapled to the bottom of the Facia board and up and around the chimney are turned on seasonally with a remote. They do six modes in 4 colors. I just dust off and drag out the Charlie Brown christmas painted tin thingy and I'm done.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,434  
Good evening!

Long day today.... It snowed all night and in the morning....
Actually the weather is nice, -3C, no wind. But there is a lot, a lot of snow
In the morning I woke up at 0630, straight jump in the tractor and plowed, plowed. It's cool that the snow is light, fluffy, but already at 50 cm / 1 1/2 ft. Sometimes snow start climb over the plow 😬
I have gathered 2 piles of snow at work, each soon will be as big as a 40 foot container

~~~~~~~~~

Decided to run to school to pick up kids. Riga city has a new mayor, a progressive one. But there is no app for snow removal. 😁 Sidewalks and streets are terrible.
Now I'm charging the car. Consumption has doubled. It's not because of the cold, but because of the fight with the snow

That's about it

Have a nice evening !

/ Good morning!!!! #181,435  
and I was just going to make a small pot of soup out of the leftover turkey...
by the time I got home, with onions, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, chopped winter squash, artichoke hearts, red potatoes
and a small amount of sweet sausage and the leftover turkey, the size of the pot definitely grew.
going to let it simmer all day, already smells good, braised the pork first.
Soup creeps.
I always have the intent of making a small pot but end up with an industrial size vat.
Sometimes I get tired of it but when it's done I miss it.
Soup does get better as it ages and the flavors meld.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,436  
70°F and 5.03 inches rain and still coming. Really feel bad for the boys having to go outside to do their business.

Sophie’s ophthalmologist was. Most excited I’ve seen him pointing out improvement on her pics. Continue medication and back in 5 weeks.

Pilot passed safety inspection. A nice lunch in town. We got home just as the rain intensified.

Definitely in indoor day given this windy rain. Pool is full. Mostly left just in time.

Hand & Foot at friends later.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #181,437  
Glad this isn’t the white stuff
IMG_1424.JPG

5.1 inches

/ Good morning!!!! #181,438  
On the one hand, it will liberate a lot of equity, and we will be able to pay off any and all mortgages that we have and have a good whack of cash left over to maybe invest. But on the other hand, 23 acres!😫
I only have a bit over 13 acres, but for the past few years, it has become more of a burden than I want going into my golden years. It, along with the tractor and all the related equipment, seem to dictate how more and more of my time is spent, not leaving enough for the hobbies and trips I would rather be doing. Yes, I'll miss a bit of separation from neighbors at the new place, and I'll have to tolerate a bit more noise, but it's a trade off I'll be happy with, and overall improvement in my quality of life. Maybe you can say the same?

/ Good morning!!!! #181,439  
Soup creeps.
I always have the intent of making a small pot but end up with an industrial size vat.
it's also a good way to force myself to eat more vegetables.
forgot, lima beans in there too
just had a taste, mushrooms added good flavor, probably eight portions made.
glad I stocked up on plastic storage containers

tuckered out, got a lot done
rv water pump winterized, that was easy with their built in set up
took bidet seat out entirely and put in basement; sure there's some water in there somewhere.

then put up xmas lights, most still worked and Santa rose up in full glory with no mouse holes
need to buy some more lights tomorrow.

I tried the no cheese cheese. Sweetish and buttery, not quite like cheese.

Attachments

• IMG_2650.JPG
    IMG_2650.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2649.JPG
    IMG_2649.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
   / Good morning!!!! #181,440  
Soup creeps.

So true. My turkey soup grew into a full instapot. Today will be a good day to enjoy some. 6.06 inches and still coming. At least temp is nice - 65°F