Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,731  
Dennis, well not today but at one time maybe ! I also rode a Kawasaki H2-750 cc rocket ship on I-84 at 120 mph !;);)

Had one of these back in the day:

Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 13.50.22.png

That one isn't mine but looks to be very similar.

130mph+ on I-77 northbound just south of Akron.

No fairing obviously, was about all I could do to hold on.

Later T-boned a car that turned in front of me ... went over the car's trunk and somehow managed to land on my feet.

Only damage (to me) was where my right shin managed to catch a highway peg. Still have the scar.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,732  
Yesterday was perfect here, too...rainy and windy...my wife made chicken vegetable soup with Costco chicken.

Love homemade soups, especially if a chill in the air.

About got my process down, either chicken or turkey. Put the carcass in Insta Pot, then 15 min High pressure. Remove and separate into 3 piles, meat for the soup, bones to discard, skin, knuckles, etc for the furry kids. Add whatever veggies back into broth, seasonings, usually some barley. Another 10 minute pressure cook, then add chicken meat back in. Even better the next day after an overnight in the fridge.
Sometimes I wish every $5 purchase was so good. Soup is usually our 3rd meal from that chicken. Thrifty or frugal????

/ Good morning!!!! #186,733  
My father had 2 Jawas. A 250, which is the bike I learned on and a 350.

He later on had a mid-sized Kawasaki and moved up to a larger honda for cross country trips.
And his around town bike was a present from his brother, a 1950 Triumph Thunderbird like this one. Though his seat was longer.
1709235466742.jpeg

Which I rewired and did quite a bit of work on the mechanicals and trying to keep the oil inside the engine.
He gave up all the bikes when his back went out in his later 60's
He rode cross country with the honda and a bike club.

We used to drive back/forth between LI NY and Western MA on the Jawa 350.

My neighbor in MA had a CZ 125 we used to ride around in the fields.
He upgraded to a yamaha 250, which the two of us were on, with him driving. When we
hit some soft dirt on the dirt road back to my uncles house and the bike was totaled on the bridge abutment . I chipped a bunch of teeth and had dirt and pebbles embedded in my skin. My friend got some bad road rash, but healed up in a few weeks.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,734  
Yep, I thought of that if any of it is decent. I'll need to cut it out of the trees, though. There's a belt drive cement mixer, sit on (horse drawn) cultivator and manure spreader, and other treasures. Maybe list 'em as "Yard Art". :D
Antique yard art for sale, cheap.

North Bay trip was uneventful. Watch repair was $40.oo for a new band AND battery. I used up almost a gallon of WS juice, the roads were that sloppy with slush. Tomorrow will go to Sundridge and wash the goat and top off the WS tank.
When we left the Dodge was nice and shiny black, got back and it is gray all over. That will get washed off tomorrow IF the car wash is open. Temps for the next 6 days are supposed to be above 32°f.
While Junior was doing the shopping, I cleaned the windows, mirrors and lights.

I am going to try duckduckgo and see if I can avoid utube ads. The offensive one at least. I don't mind the whiskey ads, it is the ones about erectile dysfunction I don't like.

I have to presume that the snow on Donner summit is a dry snow?

On motor cycles, I had a Vespa scooter and sold that to get me a H-D. My Dad assumed I was going to get a Honda Dream, I told him that what I was getting started with 'H'. He WAS NOT happy when he came home from work and seen the full dressed Harley in the driveway. My buddy had taken a basket case and built the dresser out of it, then sold it to me. I had it for about 3 weeks and was riding in the rain one day when a '61 Pontiac stopped in front of me with no stop lights. Lucky for me a cop (who was going to pull me over) saw the whole thing. I laid the bike down and the Pontiac wasn't going anywhere, the bike was under his gas tank and the cop was worried that he had run me over, I was laying on the ground looking up at his front bumper. A little road rash and the H-D got sold back to my buddy. That was the very last motorcycle I ever owned.
I like the way Harley riders treat trucks, they put themselves in my left side mirror and I signal to them when it is okay to pass. It doesn't matter whether or not they are flying colours, they all get treated the same. A little bit of respect goes a long way.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,737  
My first bike was a 1939 BSA 350 that I rode up in the hills behind the town when I was 13-14. Not exactly a MC bike but had fun with it. Next were various 50cc mopeds for on the road trips and then NSU and Royal Enfield road bikes. Rode those with a friend all way up North through Norway. Next had a BSA 350 road bike that I tee boned into a van. Almost cost me the life but after that had a 500 cc AJS that I rode on through school. Took many trips with wife while dating on it. Also had while in CA a 400cc Suzuki motor cross bike that I used for hill climbs up in Mendocino county. It was hard to keep on the power curve to prevent flipping over backwards. Too much or too little were both problems that either flipped it or stalled it

/ Good morning!!!! #186,738  
63°F and 1.98 inches rain. Today’s forecast appears a continuation of yesterday. Mixed and wet.

Sears tech scheduled to install the compressor in the garage fridge. Then I will list on CL. After repair I can swap the new freezer into that space.

Regular coffee for breakfast but will also make another attempt or 2 into the espresso world. I have to admit having a challenge of just dumping attempts that aren’t right. Just wasteful to me. I don’t see myself becoming one of these espresso experts. Likely a long process where we drink a lot of sub par drinks as we learn. That said I don’t expect a painful journey.

H&F this afternoon. We will host as we have to be here for Sears tech.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day
Just saw a lehto law YouTube clip regarding LG’s very common faulty compressor issue. They apparently made some for sears, and they use a known faulty compressor.

Just saw sears does sell fridges with the linear compressor that fails.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,739  
Still in the cool 50's with windy and cloudy conditions. Not a very bright day at all.

Any day above ground is a good one though!

Got a lot in the air right now. It's getting to that point where Ill just be glad when it's over.

Everyone has a great afternoon and evening! Hope you get a good nights rest and wake up in a good mood tomorrow because tomorrow is all we can really hope for sometimes!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,740  
Newbury, congratulations on Anniversary. The thing about retirement is things change. If there is one thing I could change would be having my wife with me. That didn’t happen. She did leave me with lots of good memories. House is full of her handy work with sewing and art.