Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,261  
Me either, been to South Africa twice, but Kudu with local berry sauce is nice.
Loved the blue train, but not the bumps at every switch which woke me up.
We almost got taken by a hippo on the Zambezi, in a rubber canoe. That was kinda crazy.
Not much for hunting anything, but grew up in areas where hunting was for food or safety, never sport.
This thread really took a turn! I've hunted in Namibia, New Zealand, and Spain all on guided hunts. The locals benefit from the hunt or I wouldn't be there. And I do mean the locals, if the guide does not include them in some way I'll find someone else or find a different place to hunt.

The Kudu is nice, but I prefer Oryx. They all are better than beef!

The most memorable hunt was for a Red Hartebeest which we tracked all day and saw it a few times but never got an opportunity for a shot. Put many kilometers on our boots and became known as the 36 Km stalk. (No it wasn't that long but seemed like it.)

BTW, there is a forum that addresses hunting in Africa if you really want to know more about that it is AfricaHunting(dot)com. Hunting in Africa can be cheaper than hunting the same animals in the US - believe it or not.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,262  
I am letting this one go, it's probably not the place to have this conversation, but I insist on saying I don't have a urge to shoot any animals when I see one (Although I might be wondering what that animal taste like) I am deeply against waste, I don't find pleasure in ending a life. If you are willing to understand it, not to change your mind but to understand and respect the others views and have a cordial conversation you are welcome to go on the hunting thread and have that conversation but something tell me you are not willing to do ether.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,263  
While I respect anyone's opinion on this, this is not the place for this debate. I suspect very few people reading this thread care about how someone else feels about hunting, one way or the other. Take it to a hunting forum or start a new thread, if you really feel it's worth discussing.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,264  
While I respect anyone's opinion on this, this is not the place for this debate. I suspect very few people reading this thread care about how someone else feels about hunting, one way or the other. Take it to a hunting forum or start a new thread, if you really feel it's worth discussing.
I thought he was doing just that with the link?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,265  
I thought he was doing just that with the link?
Wasn’t directed at that one post or individual. Read back over the several prior pages.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,266  
(y)