GR2120 Yea or Nay

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #41  
My dealer checked it out at the end of the season and replaced the fan with a factory upgrade. The new fan has a slightly different shear pin collar.

I too have this blower, but it is still in crate, I have no plans to unpack it until November. Can you send pictures of these upgrades to I can check mine? If it has not been upgraded, I would like to address that asap. Thanks. Philip.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #42  
Blowin Snow 2012.jpgGR2728 - New Fan Hub 2.jpgGR2728 - New Hub.jpgGR2728 Original Fan Hub.jpgBlowin Snow 2012.jpgGR2728 - New Fan Hub 2.jpgGR2728 - New Hub.jpgGR2728 Original Fan Hub.jpg

Hopefully I was able to attach the photos of the new Fan and Hub assembly. As you will see it is quite different. The shear pin is still the same. Also I added a shot of what you have to "look forward" to. Good luck with the new orange tractor.

Andre

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #43  
Andre, The pictures are very helpful. Thanks so much! Philip.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #44  
Thanks for the info re: the temp light.

Cutting the high grass in the little back field seemed to be no problem for the GR2120, nor has it ever been a problem for the old Wheelhorse. The only problem is high stuff that bridges the deck and doesn't get cut, but since nobody except me sees it, I don't care. Cutting the field with the CUT and the bush hog RFM is pretty uncomfortable and sometimes downright scary with the terrain. Not a problem with the garden tractors. Bear in mind, that with the terrain being what it is, all the tractors are moving very slowly while cutting back there, which is probably the reason bogging has never been a problem. When done on schedule - Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day and (if needed) Columbus Day, it never gets too high for any of these machines. There is too much puckering with the CUT, and the little 42 inch deck on the Wheelhorse (which will be sold) takes way too long, but the GR2120 does it faster than either, and better than the Wheelhorse.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #46  
Check this rough cut mower out for the GR series. It is even rear discharge. Good demo with steep hills. Philip.

Kubota GR 2120 Hochgrasmäher - YouTube

Cool, but what where those blades on the deck right at the end? Looked like a second, shorter set of blades mounted perpendicular to the regular mower blades. Is this part of the mulching set up for the GR?

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #47  
Phillip,
I was looking more closely at this new fan/hub attachment and noticed a couple more differences (aside from the bolt/flange on the side.) First they appear to have eliminated the zerk fitting on the fan. Second, when you remove the shear bolt, the fan no longer rotates. My old fan would spin easily on the shaft. Finally, I am not sure what the purpose is of the bolt on the side... (you can't get a socket on it as it is too close to the shaft so you have to wrench it off. which wouldn't be bad except it has a locking nut.) So, I guess I have some questions for my dealer the next time I get down that way.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #48  
Cool, but what where those blades on the deck right at the end? Looked like a second, shorter set of blades mounted perpendicular to the regular mower blades. Is this part of the mulching set up for the GR?

That is an aftermarket rough cut deck made in Denmark. Turns your GR into a vinyard bushog special. Philip.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay
My blower has the updated parts! Glad about that.
I notice though, that when i raise the deck, the lever wants to get stuck in the raise position. I Have to make sure it returns to the center, by giving it a little push. It then snaps back....
Watch out for this...

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #50  
I notice though, that when i raise the deck, the lever wants to get stuck in the raise position. I Have to make sure it returns to the center, by giving it a little push. It then snaps back....
Watch out for this...

I noticed that on mine too. Do not like it. Thought about taking it back to dealer in off season and have them look at it. Also thinking about adding a light return spring to lever. Philip.