/ 4707 #61  
I'd like to think Massey Ferguson has a complete, firm grip on quality control with the 4700 Global Series

I sure would like to think that too...but they don't. If they did, they would not have delivered a new unit to me end of December with a
steering pump issue, notchy steering which they now acknowledge. I think the early steering pumps are suspect. But why didn't they track down the units in the field before they got sold and fix them? No, they delivered it to me not working properly.
That is not what I call a firm grip on quality control. Facts are facts no matter how much I like the tractor.

/ 4707 #62  
I'd like to think Massey Ferguson has a complete, firm grip on quality control with the 4700 Global Series

I sure would like to think that too...but they don't. If they did, they would not have delivered a new unit to me end of December with a
steering pump issue, notchy steering which they now acknowledge. I think the early steering pumps are suspect. But why didn't they track down the units in the field before they got sold and fix them? No, they delivered it to me not working properly.
That is not what I call a firm grip on quality control. Facts are facts no matter how much I like the tractor.
That's a reflection on the dealer. My unit was manufactured after the correction so I dont have an issue. My dealer had an older stock unit on the lot that they fixed before it was sold

/ 4707 #63  
That's a reflection on the dealer. My unit was manufactured after the correction so I dont have an issue. My dealer had an older stock unit on the lot that they fixed before it was sold

Agreed, mostly. I just figured after three years on the market it never should have left the factory that way, which reflects on manufacturing QC too. My tractor was at another dealer who agreed to dealer swap it to mine. Something clearly got lost in the translation plus they rushed to get it out on a Friday after not checking it over enough, thinking they were pleasing me. Well, no. It had to go back to get the camera installed anyway so I'm quite sure it will come back with much smoother steering.

/ 4707 #64  
With an SCR filter, not sure what unfortunate things would happen if one turned up the fuel rate on this engine but seems to be the same engine
uprated to 100hp. At 80hp they change emission systems, so maybe the base model can't handle more soot than that. And maybe absolutely nothing bad would happen...just use more fuel. If I were using a 15 foot batwing mower in heavy grass, I'm guessing I'd want more juice than this motor has at its lowest rating. The question is, how easy is it to "turn up"? Not that I have a tractor dyno anywhere near around here to figure this out. Nor would I do this while under warranty.

/ 4707 #65  
With an SCR filter, not sure what unfortunate things would happen if one turned up the fuel rate on this engine but seems to be the same engine
uprated to 100hp. At 80hp they change emission systems, so maybe the base model can't handle more soot than that. And maybe absolutely nothing bad would happen...just use more fuel. If I were using a 15 foot batwing mower in heavy grass, I'm guessing I'd want more juice than this motor has at its lowest rating. The question is, how easy is it to "turn up"? Not that I have a tractor dyno anywhere near around here to figure this out. Nor would I do this while under warranty.
I spoke to Lewis Nolt at Ekotuning. He can tune it up to 100 hp, no problem. $1850. No emissions issues

/ 4707 #66  
I spoke to Lewis Nolt at Ekotuning. He can tune it up to 100 hp, no problem. $1850. No emissions issues

wow, such a deal. Wonder what parts are needed.
I bet this is too new to really understand how this impacts on the SCR, regardless of their saying "no emission issues". Unless they actually test the output to check for emissions quality. Maybe it just means more often regens. Twice a year for me.

/ 4707 #68  
They reprogram your ecm. It is a custom program. Don't know if you have the ability to change it back or not.

I used a programmer to improve the performance of my 03 F350 with the 7.3 Powerstroke. It worked well but I made improvements to the intake and exhaust flow of the engine in order to handle the increased performance of the engine.

Ekotuning Custom Made Power! - YouTube

/ 4707 #69  
   / 4707 #70  
wow, such a deal. Wonder what parts are needed.
I bet this is too new to really understand how this impacts on the SCR, regardless of their saying "no emission issues". Unless they actually test the output to check for emissions quality. Maybe it just means more often regens. Twice a year for me.
These tractors have no regens. The 4707 has no SCR...only a DOC which us essentially a catalytic converter.