CDC lifts mask restrictions for those fully vaccinated

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / CDC lifts mask restrictions for those fully vaccinated #121  
I can't believe so many are missing the motive behind the relaxing of the mask protocols for fully vaccinated individuals...

It really has nothing to do with "a step back to normalcy" etc., etc...it has everything to do with encouraging (some may call it duping) people that have not got the shot or gotten the second shot to do so...it's an incentive it's a carrot on a string...! (it's psychology and watch it work)...!
...Heck, most people had gotten used to wearing masks and not making so many fusses over it...

Like I said before...they knew from the onset that masks (on the public and their lack of usage) were by far the least effective action mandated...

The CDC and the powers that be (political) played their lowest value ****** card in an effort to get not already vaccinated people vaccinated...

* it's not a name...it means something holds a higher value than appears...
Agreed... I'm so sick of hearing on the news what "I" need to do to make everyone else safe. I wear a mask because I'm required to, I'll also get the vaccine if it's ever available to me; after that, leave me alone.... If I can do that, so can anyone.

/ CDC lifts mask restrictions for those fully vaccinated #122  
So I fly on American Airlines a lot. More than I ever want to. From the time you enter the boarding area until you leave the airport it is one huge announcement about how you have to wear a mask, what type is allowed, how you have to wear it and you can and will be prosecuted if you fail to do so, as mandated by federal law. Now my question is when did a federal law pass Congress that mandated masks because I can't find one. Nor can I find a crooked politician that will touch the issue with a 10 foot pole. All I can find is the CDC recommendation. When did the CDC become a body that can make a "law"?
It can't be found in the United States Constitution.

/ CDC lifts mask restrictions for those fully vaccinated #123  
The seasonal flue was not eradicated, it was greatly reduced becase of masks and everything else we've been doing.
Absolutely no proof masks protect. Quite the opposite.

/ CDC lifts mask restrictions for those fully vaccinated #124  
So.....you really believe that people who.... "if they refuse to get vaccinated they will get sick and die".
I did get vaccinated!
You have an obviously serious case of paranoia!

There are over 170 million people in the USA who have not yet been vaccinated.
Based on your premise, you should quickly buy into the casket business.
Should be your best stock pick ever!
One factor overlooked by many - in a majority of covid deaths, people were obese. Overall, we are not a healthy nation.

/ CDC lifts mask restrictions for those fully vaccinated #126  
One factor overlooked by many - in a majority of covid deaths, people were obese. Overall, we are not a healthy nation.
Another thing that has been overlooked and has been mentioned ever since this whole thing started is 100% of the people that have died from Covid were vitamin D deficient.

/ CDC lifts mask restrictions for those fully vaccinated #127  
Need to scroll down about 1/3 way on the page

That's delightful. If we get Covid deaths at or below the typical fatality rate for influenza (~15,000 - 30,000/year) it will be just another part of life, mostly affecting the unvaccinated.

I shared an office once with an anti-vaxxer. He looked me right in the eye and said, "I've never had a flu shot and never had the flu." This was during the swine flu epidemic, so I got the vaccine and he didn't. He caught the flu, lost a week of work, and took over a month to recover. I sat 6 feet from him and didn't even have a sniffle. He complained long and loud about having "the worst cold" he had ever had, but was totally in denial about having the flu. Smart guy, but not the most flexible thinker in the world.

/ CDC lifts mask restrictions for those fully vaccinated #128  
Where I live, they set aside a covid ward. Hardly used it. No one I know ever showed signs , but who k owns if they ever had it. We have not had a mask mandate up here for quite some time. Had one briefly, but hardly anyone did it. Sheriff refused to enforce it. We’re just not very populated up here. Easy to keep 6 feet apart. Cause no germ travels more than 6 feet. And in every store or restaurant where the staff wore masks, their noses were exposed.
Likewise. My county is the size of Connecticut with only 220,000 people, spread all the way from the Cascades to the coast. Social distancing is a way of life. We're still getting a low level of infections, about 5 to 20 a week, mostly among kids from play dates and makeout sessions. They rarely get very sick. Now that they're starting to vaccinate 12- 15 year olds, I expect transmission between teens having sex to drop.

/ CDC lifts mask restrictions for those fully vaccinated #129  
That's delightful. If we get Covid deaths at or below the typical fatality rate for influenza (~15,000 - 30,000/year) it will be just another part of life, mostly affecting the unvaccinated.

I shared an office once with an anti-vaxxer. He looked me right in the eye and said, "I've never had a flu shot and never had the flu." This was during the swine flu epidemic, so I got the vaccine and he didn't. He caught the flu, lost a week of work, and took over a month to recover. I sat 6 feet from him and didn't even have a sniffle. He complained long and loud about having "the worst cold" he had ever had, but was totally in denial about having the flu. Smart guy, but not the most flexible thinker in the world.
Yet he worked through it? That's one problem with us. Hopefully a positive thing which comes out of the last year is that people will learn to stay home when sick and not spread their germs. Working at home should make that easier.

/ CDC lifts mask restrictions for those fully vaccinated #130  
I say let 'em go. It's natural selection unless they injure someone else. Dumb people breed dumb children. You can't teach common sense to most of them. YouTube is full of the idiots--If you can ever get past the commercials.

Before the internet, village idiots stayed in they're own village.
I generally agree. If they want to go barefoot through hell, let them. If they die or get crippled, that's on them. It will keep the disease circulating in the population, so immune compromised people will also die, which is unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.