Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #134,371  
Just hoisted new flag.
View attachment 702490

Today would also have been my parent’s anniversary.

My parents anniversary was last week.

Power was off at dads last night from a storm so didn’t get to talk to him. His power is of again now from another storm.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,372  
Was working on another camper seam cover when the rain started. Got wet while getting it in the track, and did not get the end screw in and caulked, but better than it was before I started. And was working below the rain guttter. Already got the one in above the canopy, old cover was totally off there. I think there’s very very low chance of water getting in with cover missing, looks more like for appearance. On top where you can’t see they use same track without a cover, just caulk over screw heads.
License plate plastic frame broke when I bumped it, gotta replace it now, but better now than losing plate driving down the road. Any outside plastic is now brittle, already bought new access door holders. Also broke rain gutter end that channels water out from the edge.
Just light rain, I can see sunset to the west.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,373  
A friend of mine did a complete restoration of a '67 Elco about a year ago. Bought it for peanuts, did all the work himself with some help from his adult son, and sold it at an auction for 150% over what he had in it.

Ours has a good 350 crate motor and turbo 400 transmission, interior is nice except the headliner. The outside was passable but a ten footer on the paint.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,374  
Good evening! Very pleasant 70 Right now. Had severe thunderstorm warnings today, but other than clouds and some wind….nothing.

My attempt at a picture. My wife planted lillies several years ago, first one to bloom in 2021

Got to make a road trip tomorrow. Unhappy customer and I can’t deny they have good reason to be mad. And no answers. Probably not going to be a fun day.

Woke up during the night with pain in my lower right back. It has not gotten better Today. Almost came home at one point. Hopefully it eases up some before tomorrow, the seat time probably not going to help it.

Good news Drew

Everyone stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #134,375  
Nice picture! Good luck tomorrow.

Rain stopped but lightning and thunder yet, nice little breeze on the porch.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,376  
Good evening all. 76F for the start, mostly clear, light breeze. Light wind day, humidity dropped some and sky remained mostly clear. High temp was 92F, HI 101F, and DP dropped to 67F. Slow start to bike ride, worked another row of bushes that lost the tops to the freeze. right side of photo mostly done, whole row looked like left side at start. Also pulling out what looks like some kind of sedge, while trimming out the dead branches. Have bushes to trim yet and clean the gable as well.
Covid update: Cooke 3235 confirmed cases, 5 active cases, Montague 1780 confirmed cases, 6 active cases, Grayson, 11374 confirmed cases, 13 active cases, local not updated.
Roy if the filter is strong enough there are a lot of different oil filter wrenches
Thomas have fun deciding what or what not to do :)
Phil good luck with Dentist/Dr appointments, great pic
Ron Tiki bar awesome, bird seems to sat where is my coffee?
Billy sorry about copperhead on porch
Paul nice idea using water jet to make filter adapter. GS ready to drive :) gotta make the speakers :)
Don it feel like summer to me with DP at 65F +, and 90F temps. Average temp here hit about 90 mid May.
RNG good to hear black widow now black :) hope you get trench done soon. Also nice dear not nesting under panels now
PJ nice weather you are having, hard work cleaning up the junk closet :). mowing day can really eat the weekend
Drew thanks for sharing the good news. Now if that shoulder was that good... Too bad the wait list is so long.
David hope surgery goes well. You would think there could be some relaxing of gathering size.
PJ that does not happen very often, usually car will not bring what is cost to do the restoration.
David that happen a lot any more. thanks for pic of new flag :)
Dennis fun working on old plastic that has been outside
Randy so you have to stand at least 10 feet away ? :)
Rich neat lily, sorry about back, was hoping you could get better news for customer. Talked to brother tonight , manufacturing is crazy right now, can't get steel and price is at record highs
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter and car crash,Bird/aging issues, Billy/skin cancer, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies cancer surgery, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Dennis/older brother/son, Grev/wife's eye, Randy/recovery, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery,RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

Attachments

• 20210614_135826.jpg
    20210614_135826.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 58
   / Good morning!!!! #134,377  
63F and "Fair" @ 23:00, headed down to 57 for the overnight low. High hit 78.4F today and was very pleasant with a good breeze most of the day. There was a 50% chance of a shower or thunderstorm in the afternoon, but apart from a lightning alert a little before noon, nothing ever developed. Today is the start of a return to more seasonal (cooler) temps with some accompanying fair weather.

Was about to head out the sliding glass door in the basement yesterday morning into the bright sunshine out back after feeding the fish when I noticed it was actually pouring rain ...

Local stations report we got somewhere around a tenth of inch (0.11" - 0.13")

Of course, that pretty much made it miserable outside yesterday, with the dew point over 75 degrees.

Got motorcycle/atv jack dug out and brought down to the house yesterday, did the deck cleaning and blade change this afternoon:

From the looks of it, it really needed it - everything except for the little bit of grass on the right side of the bucket - came off the bottom of the deck:

IMG_1145 copy.jpg

I have to say that I'm very impressed with the Fisher-Barton Marbain blades ... they were in great shape when I took them off the deck ... which is pretty surprising, given some of the sticks I ran over. Will try to remember to get a picture of them tomorrow.

I'm less impressed with the fact that whoever built the deck didn't bother to hit it with a wire brush to remove the weld spatter and and the spatter got painted over ... :mad:

Spent most of the rest of yesterday working on weeding the hosta bed on the north side of the shop. Got that almost done. Used the FS 66 with the cultivator head to chop up and loosen the soil and was amazed at how hard it was ... even after I had amended it with composted soil a couple of years ago.

Think I'm going to make it a practice to include adding some gypsum into any planting bed areas to (hopefully) avoid the soil turning into concrete. Plan at this point is to take up the B and D cordless drill up with the bulb planter and use it to bore some holes down into the soil and then bust things up further with the cultivator head on the Stihl. Then add more composted soil.

Also yesterday I worked on a new planting bed area around a large maple with multiple trunks that was close by, switching between the two areas whenever the sun came out. I had placed composted soil around this tree last year (or the year before ?), and it had grown up with weeds. I sprayed it glyphosate a while back, so all the dead stuff needed raked out. This bed will need some more soil added and then it can be planted and mulched.

While I was doing that the Boys came by for a little visit ... to see what I was up to and to just hang out in the shade I guess:

IMG_1144 copy.jpg

Did some additional research on the predominant soil type here (Wooster Silt Loam) and found out that it is part of the "Dry Acidic Till Plains", with the dominant soil order being Alfisols. The upper 50 cm (about 20") has a typical pH of 5.4 and is 40% sand. That jives with what I thought we were seeing on the soil test we did (pH 5.5 to 6.0 ?) but were a little unclear on, because the soil tends to stratify in the test tube and the instructions were a little unclear on which layer you should be looking at for the result.

The recommendation for lime is 20 lbs to 50 lbs per 1,000 sq ft to correct a mildly acidic lawn. The lower front is roughly around 60,000 sq ft, and the area around the house is probably another 35,000 sq ft or so.

I've put down 1200 lbs of lime total so far, which is roughly 12 lbs/1,000 sq ft ... so it it looks like we could probably stand a little more there. Ordered another 20 bags (800 lbs) ... which should get us up close to the minimum of 20 lbs per 1,000 sq ft.

Have four bags of Weed-N-Feed which treats 60,000 sq ft for the lower front which I hopefully should be able to get applied either tomorrow (or Wednesday)

Also have a gallon of Trimec 899 which I'll mix up at some point and apply with the sprayer some time - probably later this week - to do down here around the house ... to avoid the possibility of getting any (broadcast-spread) herbicide on plantings.

After I got the deck cleaned and blades changed on the Cub I mowed the lower front and got most of the east side down here around the house done as well. Also greased the deck gauge wheels and a couple of steering pivots. 68 hours on the clock.

Woman went out this afternoon and did some shopping and running around, she picked up a couple more pepper plants and some perennials. I hauled the debris from the deck cleaning up to the compost pile after she got back and brought her down a bucketload of screened compost soil. She then repotted the peach trees.

Neighbor kindly brought down some hay this evening with his big Ford backhoe while I was mowing that we'll use to cover the new grass, should be more than enough. Shot the breeze with him for a while.

The Woman spotted some plastic lawn chairs the neighbors up the street had set out for trash pick up tomorrow on her way back in earlier and she and I snuck back up there this evening and snagged them. Doesn't appear to be anything wrong with them, just weathered ... will have to see how those clean up after I hit them with the pressure washer.

All in all a decent day. I think the next time I have to get under the Cub though I'll run the rear wheels up on the ramps and then jack the front end up and set it on jack stands. It was a little tight on the back side of the deck with only the front jacked up.

Got notification from UPS a earlier they will be delivering a package tomorrow ... from Chapin Manufacturing no less ... :oops:

:LOL:

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #134,378  
I don't thinks so,for 3 years Boo never touch game cams.
My friend adopted a rescue pound retriever, part Golden part Lab. That dog would chew anything that my friend had touched, whenever my friend was away and the dog got bored. Cost my buddy a mint in garden hoses, ice chests, work gloves, etc. He finally put a hot wire around one portion of his porch to store such things. He still tells me that was the best dog he ever had, and he's had some great ones.
🐍 Married son and new DIL flew off to Utah yesterday, and youngest son and GF left for Long Island at 4am...I had to deal with a copperhead on our front porch as they packed the car...First one we have seen anywhere near the house in 35+ years living here.
Congrats!......and watch out! for snakes, glad you saw it before it got anyone. Was it a baby or a full sized? Lookout for more. Hope Coco is feeling ok.
Good morning! 77˚F mostly sunny, heading into the mid 90s with the heat index 100+. Summer is here a week early. The good news is that it's getting very dry fast and our muddy park will be ready for cedarciding later this week.

The neighborhood RV club is heading to Michigan - a caravan of 14.

Wngsprd congratulation on the new DIL. One down, one to go.
Don, it's too hot already. Since some people shut down our coal fired power plants, now ERCOT here in Texas had to give a warning to people to cut back on electricity. My wife put the 'stat up to 79F from 78F. I just put it back to 78F @10:30pm to help sleep.

A thunderstorm killed the power on the other half of our city. We lost internet. The storm fizzled out, and we got nothing.

And despite quite a few parts hurting at the moment I'm sitting here with a smile due to this morning's oncology report, no sign of cancer, full remission.
Of course my wife went two years before hers came back, so always a good reason to make the most of each day.
Maybe I should start thinking of a tractor again... ;) 🚜
Such great news. I know who I'm thanking....

Something different today. My turn for a medical procedure. Out patient visit to surgical center for removal of boil on my back. No idea what to expect or how long. Hoping for simple and quick.
Hope it doesn't hurt too much, and goes ok.

Ron, I need a Mai Tai. LOL.

Popgadget, good helper there. Speakers look nice.

RNG, be sure to use the PVC with the bigger "upset" end with orings/seals up inside? Also, at the bottom of the hill, and possibly at points on the way down, you might need to figure out some type of bulkheads, that will help keep the pipe from moving when water comes down.

I'm still having trouble with Boost phone service inside at work, keeping me from logging into work's system, because I can't get a double check text code to put in.... Wifey says she's in progress of moving us over to Cricket. 4 phones for $100/month family plan.

I was mowing with the Beast, and turned off the PTO to stop the blades to move something in the grass, got back on and the electric PTO clutch wouldn't come back on. Gonna have to chase the power to see what's up. Hope I didn't blow a winding in the clutch.

Daughter and I worked on the Yaris yesterday evening until about 10:30 pm. We rotated the tires. I taught her the basics of changing a tire/flat. We'll have to learn it with the scissor jack as we cheated with my floor jack and Milwaukee impact. Nuts had been put on WAAAAY too tight. I also took off the front bumper along the top edge, so I could get the grill piece out, and glue up the cracks with some JB weld. She started cleaning the seats with fabric cleaner.

Tonight I put the fixed grill back in, and put about 1/3 can of freon in the A/C unit. We'll see how it goes in this heat. It was not putting out cold really well, but is much better now I believe. Temp gun was around low 60's F initially, now mid 40's while in the garage and went to upper 30's on the road.

Thanks for the prayers for my Daughter Mostly. She had a rough day Sunday. Her complexion is really depressing her on some days. She is taking multiple meds, and scrubbing, but not much improvement after months with this new dermatologist. She has another appointment Wednesday. I know it seems like just a trivial issue to many, but her complexion is really bad, and we are trying to keep permanent scarring from occurring. I'm praying for some improvement. It really does give a 16yo girl depression. She's such a super kid, smarts, talents, and a great personality. It's just that too many teens see the cover and not what's inside the book. She's enjoying her part time job at a Christian Camp. I'm thankful for her job since it puts her in good company. Like us here in the GM thread. :)

Prayers for our team, Bupps, Mostly's wife, Stepp's son and family, Sophie, Aliens' wife, Ted's knee, Jay and Peg, Farmer, Randy, Drew, and I know I'm missing some in need. And our Country. Please forgive me, it's past my bedtime.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,379  
My attempt at a picture. My wife planted lillies several years ago, first one to bloom in 2021

That's a real beauty ... (y)

Hope the pain improves soon and tomorrow goes well.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,380  
Rich, my friend taught me to take about 4 OTC ibuprofen (if your body is tolerant), to "break" the tension of the back muscles, then every 8 hours there after take a couple until you get some relief.