What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,161  
Now I built an apparatus for removing canopies and the top for my 79 Bronco, its a long ways up, and Im getting old.. :D

Attachments

• canopy1.jpg
    canopy1.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 89
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 85
  • 158237301_273790904238848_8180033904242820564_n.jpg
    158237301_273790904238848_8180033904242820564_n.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 83
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,162  
You are quite the fabricator Deezil! If you want, you can come over to my place, I got a whole lot of things that could be fabricated. All I lack is the skill, patience and creativity. Other than that I am all set.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,163  
You are quite the fabricator Deezil! If you want, you can come over to my place, I got a whole lot of things that could be fabricated. All I lack is the skill, patience and creativity. Other than that I am all set.
Thanks, it would be easier if you brought it here. :)

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,166  
Good stuff Deezil... subscribed!

I see where you started and pulled out of the garage at around 800 rpm. What rpm do you usually operate at?
Thanks so much!
Thats just what low idle is, when I remember I try to idle it at 1200 like the manual says, if Im digging or needing extra power Ill rev it up to 1500-2000. Never used the PTO yet, dont have anything to hook on the back.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,167  
Loaded mine up on the trailer last night, in prep for a mowing job Saturday.

Didn't take a pic. Maybe I'll take a couple Saturday. I mean, how many mowing pics do I post and be able to keep it interesting? (one mowing pic looks pretty much like any other?)

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,168  
What did I do to my Branson?

Well, managed to shove the tank fill neck screen to the inside of the tank, so looks like I'm going fishing. I expect a good fight here.

Next, while I had the tractor loaded on the trailer, did some inspection under the tractor and found that at some point, something hit the hydraulic pumps suction pipe which pushed it forward causing a slight kink on one of the bends but stretched both rubber hoses at each end to the max. Luckily it didn't actually poured all the fluid on the ground. Now I'm going to drain everything out, pull the pipe, fix and build a cover for that area. It's time for a new hydraulic filter, so it kinda works out ok I guess.

Later on, had the lift arms set too narrow, which then caught on the PTO shield once I lift them and bent the cr@p out of the shield. Second time it happened. The third time will probably not going back in.

Finally, the clutch safety switch has been acting up for quite a while, giving some symptoms it was going bad. So I pulled it off to see what could be done, but turns out it just needed an adjustment and it's good to go again.

I also rerouted the foot throttle cable. Before it has a very sharp curve right after the pedal. Now it's a lot smoother and doesn't feel that it's in a bind.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,169  
What did I do to my Branson?

Well, managed to shove the tank fill neck screen to the inside of the tank, so looks like I'm going fishing. I expect a good fight here.

Next, while I had the tractor loaded on the trailer, did some inspection under the tractor and found that at some point, something hit the hydraulic pumps suction pipe which pushed it forward causing a slight kink on one of the bends but stretched both rubber hoses at each end to the max. Luckily it didn't actually poured all the fluid on the ground. Now I'm going to drain everything out, pull the pipe, fix and build a cover for that area. It's time for a new hydraulic filter, so it kinda works out ok I guess.

Later on, had the lift arms set too narrow, which then caught on the PTO shield once I lift them and bent the cr@p out of the shield. Second time it happened. The third time will probably not going back in.

Finally, the clutch safety switch has been acting up for quite a while, giving some symptoms it was going bad. So I pulled it off to see what could be done, but turns out it just needed an adjustment and it's good to go again.

I also rerouted the foot throttle cable. Before it has a very sharp curve right after the pedal. Now it's a lot smoother and doesn't feel that it's in a bind.
Just went through the screen falling into the tank for the second time on the Kioti. This time the gasket for the lid decided to join in on the fun. I kept running it till I got low on fuel and was able to fish everything out fairly easily.

I thought about not replacing the screen this time but did it anyway. If it happens again I will not replace and take my chances. Lol

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,170  
Just went through the screen falling into the tank for the second time on the Kioti. This time the gasket for the lid decided to join in on the fun. I kept running it till I got low on fuel and was able to fish everything out fairly easily.

I thought about not replacing the screen this time but did it anyway. If it happens again I will not replace and take my chances. Lol
That will be my strategy too. Wait till it's low enough to at least see it.

I do like the screen. It prevents a lot of stuff from getting it. A lot more than I can see.