Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #21  
I agree. Take one of the stabilizers off and see why they won't extend more.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #22  
Aparently no body reads the posts before replying. Everyone keeps repeating about not an equal amount of threads showing.

It was addressed in post 11.

Only ONE side of that type of stabilizer is even threaded.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #23  
Thank you for the replies. Getting frustrated here as I seem to fix tools about as much time as using them!

Yes, not a bushings/pin issue. I can/have changed my implement's pins to cat 2. It's an issue with the minimum distance between the lower control arms (32" minimum). I'll have to see if TSC has pins that are long enough. A rake I want to use only goes to about 30 1/2".

I was also thinking about changing out the stabilizer bars to the pin type.
I do find that odd, since cat 2 specs are 32" for lowers. So its strange that 32" is at its max for narrowness.

Couple of options....

1. contact your dealer. Looks like some of those tractors had the more traditional pin-type stabilizer. See what the working range is on those and if you could swap.

2. Retrofit a generic pin type stabilizer that gives you the working dimensions you want.

3. Run with only one stabilizer. For a light category 1 flail mower (or any light cat 1 implements on that size tractor) I dont see being much of an issue.

While I havent measured....every category two tractor I have operated has had no issues going narrow enough for standard category 1 implements....which are typically only 26" pin spacing

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #24  
I know everyone says it's not threaded etc.

But that rod end/heim joint had to be installed; it is either threaded into the steel tube all the way, or it is inserted and pinned which means there is a pin that can be removed.

And I believe since they both have spin adjusters on the steel tube, I vote for them both being threaded one right hand and one left hand.

Only way to know is to remove the link and turn the inside one the opposite of the one extended

removing just the end that is extended will not allow the inside to turn because its already screwed in all the way.

I could be wrong, but they have the factory spin adjuster on it

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #25  
There's what I think is the hole for a pin that's missing.
(click to enlarge)

IMG_3889.jpeg

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #26  
Here's a picture from a 4710 for sale in the interweb...

You can see the clip installed.

IMG_3890.jpeg

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #27  
I would think the the tractor end has two adjustment holes for the pin.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #29  
I'm thinking the "pin" is just so the turnbuckle can't loosen after set.