$1000 Coolant Change

/ $1000 Coolant Change #62  
I might pay a little more but I go to the JD dealer for all my maintenance items for my John Deere.

/ $1000 Coolant Change #63  
I might pay a little more but I go to the JD dealer for all my maintenance items for my John Deere.
I generally do the same for engine oil, hydraulic oil, filters and such. I went to the Kubota dealer for coolant as well, but what they sold me was a name brand diesel coolant, not Kubota branded. I used it with no problems, it's actually due for a change about now.
In my experience, the small difference in price wasn't worth going anywhere else. If there ever was a problem with it while under warranty, I'd used either OEM parts or dealer recommended substitutes. Plus you've given them some business which counts for something when you're up against it.

Sean

/ $1000 Coolant Change #64  
I am not a member and can not access pic. My deposits when dry look like wall joint compound and gritty, caukly
The Kubota dealer has never seen this type of coolant problem.

Hey! Those same stubborn deposits appeared all over the engine compartment on my car too.

This problem MUST be associated with some combination of materials!

/ $1000 Coolant Change #65  
No Chance of a ruined engine over a short time period.

Coolants protect from corrosion. Some better than others, but there is no way the engine would be toast.

My opinion

/ $1000 Coolant Change #69  
4 gals of it. applepicker

I must have used over 100 gal. flushing the V6 auto cooling system. The lawn hydrant and garden hose was good enough for me. Well water, and it's good!

I do use distilled water for the anti freeze mix, and I blew out the system with compressed air ;-)

/ $1000 Coolant Change
A real possibility. Silicate drop out sounds exactly what happened to my coolant. What causes the drop out:

These silicates under certain circumstances (coolant with a depleted additive package (worn out coolant), hard water (water mixed with coolant), high coolant temperature, over concentration of coolant (not enough water)) have a tendency towards ?polymerization?, which can cause silicate ?dropout? or ?precipitation? which can lead to gelation of the silicates in the coolant.

See this site for full info: Radiator Antifreeze Plugging

I am not sure why this happened in my case.