1000 Hours and counting

/ 1000 Hours and counting #1  

stray

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power-trac 422 2003 model and 428 January 2015 model
I now have over 1000 hrs on my 2003 PT422 Robin. The only 2 problems were a fried voltage regulator and a bad coil. O yes I had to weld and brace the pivot, rollover, lift bar but that was easy. Replaced the battery and tightened a few fittings. I am well satisified with the tractor and engine preformance. It still runs as strong as the day i got it. what a machine!!!!!!!

Attachments

• hours.JPG
    hours.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 123
   / 1000 Hours and counting #2  
Stray thanks for posting your 1000 hour mile stone and it is still running strong. I hope you get many more trouble free hours on it.

/ 1000 Hours and counting
I forgot to mention a broken wheel motor but that incident was entirely my fault.

/ 1000 Hours and counting #4  
I forgot to mention a broken wheel motor but that incident was entirely my fault.

I know what you mean those things sorta do happen, I busted the seals in the left rear wheel on mine. I had mine rebuilt wasn't terribly expensive.

/ 1000 Hours and counting #5  
I have a little over 1,500 hours on my 422 and the only problems I have had are replacing the front hubs,(my fault not torking the wheel nut tight enough, which wore the key way) the front lovejoy coupler and rubber spider last year, and the ignition coils. Other than that just regular maintenance.

/ 1000 Hours and counting #6  
That is a lot of hours for a small machine. Getting these types of hours is almost more a testament to the usefulness of the machine than it is the reliability.

That motor probably uses about 3 gallons of gas per hour, so that was about 3000 gallons of fuel. That fuel cost about $7500. Holy crap!!!:D Good reason to get the diesel right there, lol.

/ 1000 Hours and counting #7  
That motor probably uses about 3 gallons of gas per hour, so that was about 3000 gallons of fuel. That fuel cost about $7500. Holy crap!!!:D Good reason to get the diesel right there, lol.

Good point. How much less would the diesel use?

/ 1000 Hours and counting #8  
Good point. How much less would the diesel use?

Diesel will use 1 to 1 1/2 gallons per hour at full throttle.

Chris from Power Trac told me that the 1460 will run almost 8 hours on a 12 gallon tank of diesel, at full throttle. My guess is that the 30 and 45 horse Deutz's use less.

Diesel is a little more expensive, but it goes a LOT further.

/ 1000 Hours and counting #9  
My 425 goes through about 2 gallons per hour at full throttle when mowing with the 60" deck. More like 1 to 1.5 gallons per hour with other, easier tasks while at ~75% throttle... Not too shabby.

/ 1000 Hours and counting #10  
My 425 goes through about 2 gallons per hour at full throttle when mowing with the 60" deck. More like 1 to 1.5 gallons per hour with other, easier tasks while at ~75% throttle... Not too shabby.

Yeah that's pretty good. My Deere zero turn has a 25 HP Kawasaki air cooled in it, and it uses 3 gallons per hour. I guess the double benefit of the diesel is that it doesn't run as long, because you are cutting with a 90" deck on the 1460. And it is only using 1 1/2 gallons per hour.

I have a big Deere 5520 that I mow the fields with, it has 75 PTO HP and cuts with a 15' rough cut flex wing mower. It uses about 2 gallons per hour at full throttle. Diesel is always more efficient.