1010 / 1020 Differences

/ 1010 / 1020 Differences #11  
oh and find yourself a nice perkins out of an old tractor and it will run a bigger stronger pump and just use a sniff of diesel all day

/ 1010 / 1020 Differences #12  
i know this is an old post but did the 2010 have wet steering clutches..i know i got a 1010 and it will start and run all day long but to get it to steer or keep the tracks on is a different problem...the tracks are worn out so i understand that ..but i've replaced seal upon seal and you have to take the whole side off to do that ..and the stealing clutches are always soaked ..bought new clutches too..i'm just wondering if they have the same clutches as say a 350 b...now that was a good dozer

DRY steering

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 167
   / 1010 / 1020 Differences #13  
yes you are right ..i call that the break band but its also the steering band ...i'm talking about the drive clutches that hook the axle to the final drives ..they always slip they are just a mess ...the 350 jd has more a set of clutches in there that work like a limited slip or posi track truck rear end ..i should be more clear when i explain myself but to tell ya the truth i don't understand how to hahaha i see it in my head but no way of showing it

/ 1010 / 1020 Differences #14  
Check out jdcrawlers dot com for all things crawler related. They have parts and good tech info. I have a 1010 crawler myself. Fun machine to operate and will do a lot for its size.

/ 1010 / 1020 Differences #15  
Check out jdcrawlers dot com for all things crawler related. They have parts and good tech info. I have a 1010 crawler myself. Fun machine to operate and will do a lot for its size.
thanks should be very helpful...hope i can help you someday

/ 1010 / 1020 Differences #16  
my dad had a 1010 gas 1963 and used to be a powerhouse for a long time but now it is getting some blow by and has no power even in first gear. i want to fix it up for him is there any engine that would replace it cause i was told at my dealership that there was no replacement for the cylinder sleeves

/ 1010 / 1020 Differences #17  
Has it ever been overhauled? The 1010s had a sleeve and deck design where all the sleeves are connected together on a common plate. I believe they can be bored one time, but pistons and rings might be scarce.

What part number did your dealer give you for the sleeves? It shows it as still orderable on JD Parts website. Part number AT15761 with my dealer cost of $689.60.

/ 1010 / 1020 Differences #18  
thanks but my dealer says it would cost more than the tractor is worth overhauling it i would like to find one salvage or get a 2020 how well does the 3020 gas do that u have on fuel

/ 1010 / 1020 Differences #19  
my dad had a 1010 gas 1963 and used to be a powerhouse for a long time but now it is getting some blow by and has no power even in first gear. i want to fix it up for him is there any engine that would replace it cause i was told at my dealership that there was no replacement for the cylinder sleeves

There's some 1010 gasoline engine parts listed for sale on the DFW Craigslist.