Comparison 1025R vs. BX25D-1 vs. Max 24 vs. GC1705

/ 1025R vs. BX25D-1 vs. Max 24 vs. GC1705 #11  
Well agreeing all the time would get boring :D

I wasn't suggesting the ZTR would be the same as a MMM. I said it wouldn't be much more...but I could have been more specific. I was thinking something like a $4K ZTR that would give a very nice cut, be faster than a SCUT, and last for a long time...no need for a commercial unit for that size property.

I'm sure the transmission issue depends on what you're doing with it really. I don't have all that much time on a SCUT, but it always seemed like most of the time low was too low, or high was too high, and something right in the middle would be better. That's why I mentioned that the 2650 has a 3-range tranny. Even machines several times larger seem to spend most of their time in the middle range and they typically have quite a bit of power left over for normal tasks.

Ok, now THAT's a post I can agree with. :D My Kioti DK50 is usually in the middle range unless I'm doing dirt work or trying to knock over a big cedar tree. But my two little BX's are in low for dirt work and high for mowing and pretty much anything else.

And, yes, a $4k - $5k ZTR would mow circles around a MMM on a SCUT.

/ 1025R vs. BX25D-1 vs. Max 24 vs. GC1705
So i went last night and tried out the BX25D. I thought it was pretty nice. At 25oo RPM (I think max is like 3200) the FEL scooped a pile of topsoil with ease and the backhoe did similar work. It definitely does not ride like a "lawn" tractor even though the vendor said it's a "lawn tractor on steriods." However, I did not like how the backhoe didn't seem to operate quickly with more than one hyudraulic being tasked at the same time. Also, it seemed like the controls were either on/off and not fully modulating as in you can go slower/fast with just the controls. Can someone elaborate?

All-in all, i liked it. I thought about not getting the backhoe and moving up to the B2601 with FEL for same price, but figured that thing will just be too big for my tasks. My price for BX25D with MMM and 3-point with tax financed was $21750. Is this about right? I'm gonna call 4 other dealers today...

I'm looking at the 1025R FILB tonight...

/ 1025R vs. BX25D-1 vs. Max 24 vs. GC1705 #13  
Thanks for the update. I'll be interested in your opinion of the 1025. FYI - my dealer in SC quoted me 18850 (financed) for the Bx25D-1 with MMM and 3 ph this past Saturday.

/ 1025R vs. BX25D-1 vs. Max 24 vs. GC1705 #14  
. . . However, I did not like how the backhoe didn't seem to operate quickly with more than one hyudraulic being tasked at the same time. Also, it seemed like the controls were either on/off and not fully modulating as in you can go slower/fast with just the controls. Can someone elaborate? . . . .

On my BX23 (the BX25's older brother), the backhoe doesn't like to perform two functions unless the throttle is cranked up. Not cranked up all the way, but at least 3/4 throttle. These BXs have fairly small hydraulic pumps, so you need some revs to get enough flow to divide the "juice" between two functions.

I will tell you that when I first got mine (bought it used with 230 hours on it), it was much harder for me to find the right "spot" with the controls to perform dual functions the way I wanted to. But it's just something you get used to, and you will get much better at it. It becomes second nature after a while. Muscle memory.

I checked out the John Deere last night, but very briefly. I heard their backhoe isn't as nice at the Kubota (steel and no grease fittings), and I didn't like the cost being $4,300 more than the Kubota deal I'm working on.

So, with that said, I think I'm sold on the Kubota. I've been realizing more that it seems like "everyone has a BX25 series" and I think this will be best.

I'll post photos once I become a happy owner!

/ 1025R vs. BX25D-1 vs. Max 24 vs. GC1705 #16  
I checked out the John Deere last night, but very briefly. I heard their backhoe isn't as nice at the Kubota (steel and no grease fittings), and I didn't like the cost being $4,300 more than the Kubota deal I'm working on.

So, with that said, I think I'm sold on the Kubota. I've been realizing more that it seems like "everyone has a BX25 series" and I think this will be best.

I'll post photos once I become a happy owner!

I don't recall, but did you look at the Massey yet? The updated loader out specs the Bota. It also has better hydraulics, and the engine doesn't need to be as "revved up" as the Bota either.

Better warranty too, 5 years.

I did not look at the MFGC17010 yet and I'm not sure I will. I spoke with a dealer and they just got one in stock (30 minutes ago - they are 45 minutes away from me). I do like the forward/reverse pedals as well as the floating bucket option on the MF, but I feel like the BX25D is more widely used (and I'm sure this is objectionable). I also heard the MF has a drive over deck which the Kubota doesn't... and I'm not sure why...

I guess I'm just leaning towards the Kubota... not sure 100% why...

/ 1025R vs. BX25D-1 vs. Max 24 vs. GC1705 #18  
I did not look at the MFGC17010 yet and I'm not sure I will. I spoke with a dealer and they just got one in stock (30 minutes ago - they are 45 minutes away from me). I do like the forward/reverse pedals as well as the floating bucket option on the MF, but I feel like the BX25D is more widely used (and I'm sure this is objectionable). I also heard the MF has a drive over deck which the Kubota doesn't... and I'm not sure why...

I guess I'm just leaning towards the Kubota... not sure 100% why...

I think they both, actually I think all 3 (red, green, Orange) have a drive over deck now.

I don't see that the "more widely used" notion means anything in the way of quality. And I also believe that the opposite is true, in regards to an earlier comment suggesting that the MF is more difficult to service. I want to say that, if I remember correctly, most every spec category shows the MF with an advantage.

But, if you really want a Bota, I'm sure there are a few good reasons out there to choose one. At least we've found one (there's more of them ???)

/ 1025R vs. BX25D-1 vs. Max 24 vs. GC1705 #19  
Drive by comment about multiblade lawn mowers leaving stripes between the blades. Experience has taught me that the issue isn't with the deck, but the angle the blades are sharpened to. The angle is too steep and the blades need to be ground so the cutting angle is more acute. Doing so should fix any striping issues.

/ 1025R vs. BX25D-1 vs. Max 24 vs. GC1705 #20  
I think you owe it to yourself to look at the Massey in person. TSO made good points and IMO there are a few other differences that would be worth your while to see. What Massey dealer did you contact in your area? White's & Maibach's are two close enough to your location for an easy drive.