12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!!

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #101  
I was talking to a guy at the Ford dealership a year or so ago that was looking to by a new work truck , he said all those trucks that were sitting wait for chips were destroyed. He claimed that was true for all the manufacturers. They wrote them off, didn't have to discount anything, and didn't have to lose new sales to year old discounted ones. Makes sense.
Wow, you made me curious to look again at the Kentucky Speedway where I saw all those trucks parked and the trucks are gone. That sounds insane to scrap all those F150’s. Crazy world we live in.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #102  
If the new trucks are so much better now my 98 [which is a daily driver with 475 k miles on it] cost $28,400 the new ones at $70 k should give over millions trouble free miles right. :unsure: I could give a rat's ass if it can back up for me or tell me if there is a car next to me. I know how to drive trucks. I can parallel park my 89 dump with no cameras on it. Thats what mirrors are for.🍻

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #103  
If the new trucks are so much better now my 98 [which is a daily driver with 475 k miles on it] cost $28,400 the new ones at $70 k should give over millions trouble free miles right. :unsure: I could give a rat's ass if it can back up for me or tell me if there is a car next to me. I know how to drive trucks. I can parallel park my 89 dump with no cameras on it. Thats what mirrors are for.🍻
Agreed, they put so much technology in vehicles that they have to add more technology to help with the distractions from the technology. I had a 1979 Chevy stepside (last year of the wooden bed) that I bought new for $6700. I had 418,000 on it but it got stolen early last year and was found a few days later 70 miles away in the bad part of Little Rock stripped. It only takes a butter knife and a flat head screwdriver to steal it. I sold what was left of it for $500 to a guy that was restoring his 79 stepside. Ole blue didn’t deserve that fate. So what do ya do, go buy a used truck for a ridiculous price or buy a new one with all that technology in it for a ridiculous price. I chose to get a new one.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #104  
What irked me the most was here in Arkansas I had to pay the 7% new car sales tax, sales tax and tags came to $2980, dang !!! Don’t what the % is in other states though, maybe I got off easy.
Compare gas tax in Illinois and you'll probably feel better. They'll get you one way or another it seems.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #106  
Like I said in an earlier post, the salesman that sold me my Tacoma said things will never go back to pre-covid at the dealerships. Two car salesman at church told me the same thing, and they love it. Why wouldn’t they, they get an order for cars and trucks that is coming in and most of time they are sold before they to the lot. No haggling, no pressure sales pitch. As far as all those F150’s sitting there waiting on chips for a year or more. Who would want a new truck that has been sitting for a year or more without being ran. I wouldn’t doubt it if the mice have already chewed on them a bit.
They won't like it when their jobs are eliminated and we can all order cars online like placing an order at McDonalds or checking out at Walmart...

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #107  
Yes you did. Our sales tax is 13%!
CT is only 7% but they charge property tax each year on all vehicles. My 2022 Silverado was over $1000 in property tax this year after paying $3,150 in sales tax. It all adds up quickly

We ordered it at the beginning of January 2022 and it arrived end of April 2022.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #108  
CT is only 7% but they charge property tax each year on all vehicles. My 2022 Silverado was over $1000 in property tax this year after paying $3,150 in sales tax. It all adds up quickly

We ordered it at the beginning of January 2022 and it arrived end of April 2022.
Dang !!!, I need to quit whinning. Here in ArKansas I pay property tax (house and land) each year and personal property tax (which means cars). Both of those taxes together comes to about $375 each year for me. Sales tax is a separate one time tax for the vehicle. The bad thing is if I sell a car then that person pays sales tax and he sells it then the next person pays sales etc, what a rip off that is.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #109  
They won't like it when their jobs are eliminated and we can all order cars online like placing an order at McDonalds or checking out at Walmart...
Ordering a vehicle online is already here with some dealers, like Cadillac and BMW.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #110  
Compare gas tax in Illinois and you'll probably feel better. They'll get you one way or another it seems.
I bet owning a farm in Florida would “tax out” pretty good. Land still fairly affordable and plentiful.
No sales tax
No state tax
Low property taxes
Farm exemption on land
Farm year around.

Sounds like a beautiful thing to me.