12 volt heater

/ 12 volt heater #21  
FCOL! This is not a VW forum!

/ 12 volt heater #22  
FCOL! This is not a VW forum!

Love_0.jpg

/ 12 volt heater #23  
We had one beetle, one Karmen Ghia, and 4-5 buses. I remember my dad "fixing" the long rusted heat pipe from the engine to the front with dryer vent pipe on a couple of the buses. :laughing:

On really cold days the inside of the windows would frost up from our breath. We'd always crack the wing vent windows open to blow on the windshield. You really got to appreciate good, warm clothes if you owned a VW in the winter. :thumbsup:

The beetle had gasoline heater.

/ 12 volt heater #25  
I thought the topic was crappy little heaters. :laughing::laughing:

My bad. I think I introduced that VW deviation ... in the context of crappy little heaters, though. :p

/ 12 volt heater
Today I put the 300 watt heater to the test. As my cab comes off 1st thing in the spring I have no desire to have hoses or a permanent heater my main objective was to see if a 12v. would actually make any difference as I'm happy with the fact I even have a cab for winter. I have a glue on oil pan heater and spent yesterday installing a block heater so didn't do the test until this morning. Here's the results.Out side temp.
Kioti temp. 002.jpg
Turned on the heater then checked temp. for it.
Kioti temp. 004.jpg
Drove up the mt. for an hr. no gloves or long under wear jacket open cool but not cold. Top of cab is sealed well but not around the bottom area. Temp. in cab when I got back far from hot but warmer than outside.
Kioti temp. 005.jpg
The engine didn't get very warm either.
Kioti temp. 006.jpg
Worth it ? but at least anyone considering buying on new can know what to expect. At colder than when I did the test there would be very little improvement if 10 degrees warmer I'm sure there would be a noticeable dif. in temp.

/ 12 volt heater #29  
I go out here in Maine dressed for AK, Hot Hands insole warms and all I haven't been cold in my cab, the wind is the killer so a cab is a must..

/ 12 volt heater
Both the last posts sound like very good options. A young friend worried about an old man phoned me to tell me heated jackets were on sale 1/2 price a few wks. ago.