12 volt heater

/ 12 volt heater #31  
Engine coolant cab heater with quick connects and add a cover to the radiator when cold would not be too difficult to do. Temp. Controlled shutters would even be nicer.

There was a time we changed thermostats for summer to winter.

/ 12 volt heater #32  
I also put hand warmers in my gloves.. If it's below 10F and I need to remove snow it takes me two hours and if that's the case I will through on my Artic Cat snowmobile suit with my 100F below Kamik boots with the warmers, it's a little bulky but I don't get cold, I can stay out all day comfortably if I dress for it..

/ 12 volt heater #33  
Engine coolant cab heater with quick connects and add a cover to the radiator when cold would not be too difficult to do. Temp. Controlled shutters would even be nicer.

There was a time we changed thermostats for summer to winter.

That's what I'd do. Our IH2500b had a cab heater. It was a little round core with a blower fan inside it. Two radiator hoses ran to it. There was a valve at the block where you could turn it off for summer and on for winter.

My 1971 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser has a rear heater that is very similar.... two coolant hoses to a heater core with fan.

It would be very easy to put fluid quick connects on the hoses outside the cab so it could be disconnected when the cab is removed for summer.

/ 12 volt heater #34  
Common air hose fittings work fine for such applications, and are not costly at the local autoparts store.

/ 12 volt heater #35  
I have a Gerbing heated jacket so gonna hook up the the adaptor and wear that!

No cab on my tractor. Been wearing Gerbings jacket liner, gloves and heated insoles for years. When using the blower I also wear my motorcycle helmet.

/ 12 volt heater #38  
I turn the chute away from me....:laughing:

I had to laugh at that one. :laughing:

I've been using a plow on mine for 15 years. I've been snow blowing my in-laws drive this year as my FIL is 89 and had some surgery, so he can't do it this year... I'd forgotten that every time you turn around with a blower the snow's gonna come back in your face! :rolleyes:

/ 12 volt heater #39  
The exhaust heat re-claimers used on air cooled engines to heat air craft interiors are effective on ground based vehicles too.