$150.00 post driver.

/ $150.00 post driver. #21  
I kind of hate you a little bit SA! Lol. Kidding just wish I could do that. :thumbsup:

/ $150.00 post driver. #22  
Went to California to help my brother-n-law build a hydraulic post driver. We incorporated the back of the fork lift attachment I built for him.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/347241-fork-attachment-build.html?highlight= The weight is just under 300-pounds.
He has 20-acres of shale rock. So we took an old truck axle he had, and ground a point on it. When he hits some shale, he will just drive the axle in the hole to break up the shale rock. Then drive the T-post.
I didn't get a lot of detail pictures:eek:. We built a follower that slides under the striker plate for T-posts, and for wood posts. It works great!:cool2:

Very nice! I like that. Can't wait to see the video.

/ $150.00 post driver. #23  
Shield Arc,
It had slipped my mind what kind of welding you did for a living. Yeah, you ought to know how to build a post driver.:laughing:

Last edited:
   / $150.00 post driver. #24  
   / $150.00 post driver. #26  
Looks great Shield Arc. I'm with Eddie on the video and like you, every time I've thought about building one I wondered whether the cylinder would empty fast enough for a good drop.

It will if you use a cable and run it through a series of pulleys so that the ram travels 1 inch for example and the weight travels 4 inches. Then on the drop it will fall fast enough.

/ $150.00 post driver. #27  
Didn't build it but here is my post pounder.

IMG_0785.JPG