1815 rear tire chains

/ 1815 rear tire chains #1  

WesKootenay

Silver Member
Tractor
BCS 732. Mahindra 1815 sub compact.
My 'new to me' tractor came with V-bar chains on the front tires, I would like to find some for the rears.
The tires are Industrial 27x12.5-15. I have looked all over the 'net but can't figure out what size I need. :confused:
Got really lost on tirechain.com so I e-mailed them for help, the reply wasn't even close to answering the question - something got lost in translation?
Checked out a forum recommended site, then realized it was in Norway - I think.
Hopefully, I can find some before next winter :laughing:

Any help appreciated. Canadian supplier preferred, though I do have a US mailing address.

/ 1815 rear tire chains #2  

RNeumann

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538
My 'new to me' tractor came with V-bar chains on the front tires, I would like to find some for the rears.
The tires are Industrial 27x12.5-15. I have looked all over the 'net but can't figure out what size I need. :confused:
Got really lost on tirechain.com so I e-mailed them for help, the reply wasn't even close to answering the question - something got lost in translation?
Checked out a forum recommended site, then realized it was in Norway - I think.
Hopefully, I can find some before next winter :laughing:

Any help appreciated. Canadian supplier preferred, though I do have a US mailing address.

“Chains Required” in Paso Robles California is one of the bigger chain wholesalers in the USA. I don’t think they have much of a website but give them a call...

Front plow=front chains, rear plow=rear chains

Are you getting pulled around or just need more traction? I haven’t seen anyone who has been unhappy with cutting grooves in their rear R4 tires.

/ 1815 rear tire chains #3  

RNeumann

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538
Another option is to convert that tire size to a height and width and shop again.

/ 1815 rear tire chains
OP
WesKootenay

WesKootenay

Silver Member
Tractor
Chains Required in Paso Robles California is one of the bigger chain wholesalers in the USA. I don't think they have much of a website but give them a call...

Front plow=front chains, rear plow=rear chains

Are you getting pulled around or just need more traction? I haven稚 seen anyone who has been unhappy with cutting grooves in their rear R4 tires.

Thanks RN.
I'm using a rear plow + my FEL. We've had so much snow/melt/freeze/snow this year that I would like a bit more traction on ice.

Another option is to convert that tire size to a height and width and shop again.

Thanks again. I suppose I could go with 29" and take out a couple of links. :confused:

/ 1815 rear tire chains #5  

LouNY

Tractor
Branson 8050, IH 574, Oliver 1550 Diesel Utility (traded in on Branson)
You may want to consider ATV chains to fit those size tires.
ATV Twist Link Tire Chain Diamond Studded - Part no. ATV3DS
And that pattern of chain is the only style that I would recommend to anyone,
the traction and ride is far improved over ladder or H style chains it is hard to believe until you experience them.

/ 1815 rear tire chains #6  

RNeumann

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538
Thanks RN.
I'm using a rear plow + my FEL. We've had so much snow/melt/freeze/snow this year that I would like a bit more traction on ice.

Thanks again. I suppose I could go with 29" and take out a couple of links. :confused:

It’s the width too. Hopefully they make something close. I had to cut a few links on my fronts. Not a big deal with a grinder and cutoff wheel.....maybe some vise-grips

/ 1815 rear tire chains
OP
WesKootenay

WesKootenay

Silver Member
Tractor
You may want to consider ATV chains to fit those size tires.
ATV Twist Link Tire Chain Diamond Studded - Part no. ATV3DS
And that pattern of chain is the only style that I would recommend to anyone,
the traction and ride is far improved over ladder or H style chains it is hard to believe until you experience them.

Thanks Lou.
Those look like they will work + they won't make a big hole in my pension :thumbsup:

:drink:

/ 1815 rear tire chains #8  

Dougeye

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra eMax 20s, Takeuchi TB210R
Try Wesco Industries in Langley BC, they have a good website, or talk to Claudio at Western Equipment at their Prince George branch.