1815 rear tire chains

/ 1815 rear tire chains #1  

WesKootenay

Silver Member
Tractor
BCS 732. Mahindra 1815 sub compact.
My 'new to me' tractor came with V-bar chains on the front tires, I would like to find some for the rears.
The tires are Industrial 27x12.5-15. I have looked all over the 'net but can't figure out what size I need. :confused:
Got really lost on tirechain.com so I e-mailed them for help, the reply wasn't even close to answering the question - something got lost in translation?
Checked out a forum recommended site, then realized it was in Norway - I think.
Hopefully, I can find some before next winter :laughing:

Any help appreciated. Canadian supplier preferred, though I do have a US mailing address.

/ 1815 rear tire chains #2  
My 'new to me' tractor came with V-bar chains on the front tires, I would like to find some for the rears.
The tires are Industrial 27x12.5-15. I have looked all over the 'net but can't figure out what size I need. :confused:
Got really lost on tirechain.com so I e-mailed them for help, the reply wasn't even close to answering the question - something got lost in translation?
Checked out a forum recommended site, then realized it was in Norway - I think.
Hopefully, I can find some before next winter :laughing:

Any help appreciated. Canadian supplier preferred, though I do have a US mailing address.

“Chains Required” in Paso Robles California is one of the bigger chain wholesalers in the USA. I don’t think they have much of a website but give them a call...

Front plow=front chains, rear plow=rear chains

Are you getting pulled around or just need more traction? I haven’t seen anyone who has been unhappy with cutting grooves in their rear R4 tires.

/ 1815 rear tire chains #3  
Another option is to convert that tire size to a height and width and shop again.

/ 1815 rear tire chains
Chains Required in Paso Robles California is one of the bigger chain wholesalers in the USA. I don't think they have much of a website but give them a call...

Front plow=front chains, rear plow=rear chains

Are you getting pulled around or just need more traction? I haven稚 seen anyone who has been unhappy with cutting grooves in their rear R4 tires.

Thanks RN.
I'm using a rear plow + my FEL. We've had so much snow/melt/freeze/snow this year that I would like a bit more traction on ice.

Another option is to convert that tire size to a height and width and shop again.

Thanks again. I suppose I could go with 29" and take out a couple of links. :confused:

/ 1815 rear tire chains #5  
You may want to consider ATV chains to fit those size tires.
ATV Twist Link Tire Chain Diamond Studded - Part no. ATV3DS
And that pattern of chain is the only style that I would recommend to anyone,
the traction and ride is far improved over ladder or H style chains it is hard to believe until you experience them.

/ 1815 rear tire chains #6  
Thanks RN.
I'm using a rear plow + my FEL. We've had so much snow/melt/freeze/snow this year that I would like a bit more traction on ice.

Thanks again. I suppose I could go with 29" and take out a couple of links. :confused:

It’s the width too. Hopefully they make something close. I had to cut a few links on my fronts. Not a big deal with a grinder and cutoff wheel.....maybe some vise-grips

/ 1815 rear tire chains
You may want to consider ATV chains to fit those size tires.
ATV Twist Link Tire Chain Diamond Studded - Part no. ATV3DS
And that pattern of chain is the only style that I would recommend to anyone,
the traction and ride is far improved over ladder or H style chains it is hard to believe until you experience them.

Thanks Lou.
Those look like they will work + they won't make a big hole in my pension :thumbsup:

:drink:

/ 1815 rear tire chains #8  
Try Wesco Industries in Langley BC, they have a good website, or talk to Claudio at Western Equipment at their Prince George branch.