1815 rear tire chains

/ 1815 rear tire chains #12  
Finally got around to contacting Wesco, chains are on the way.
Thanks for the tip.

You're welcome. First full day of fall, and here on the coast the rain is coming down with determination. Won't take long for the dust to turn to mud...

/ 1815 rear tire chains
You're welcome. First full day of fall, and here on the coast the rain is coming down with determination. Won't take long for the dust to turn to mud...

Mud - in North Saanich? :laughing:

Finally the US fire smoke has cleared here, now we can see our local wildfire that has been burning since Aug 17 - rain today will help.

Cheers :drink:

/ 1815 rear tire chains
Got a foot of the white stuff two nights ago, forcing me to install the new rear chains. Looked pretty simple but I soon realized that I didn't have a clue so off to YouTube for help. I wasn't sure what to do with the rings and D-shackles - I think this is correct?

011.JPG

Anyway, they are installed and I can't believe the difference - I can go almost anywhere on our property. Last winter, with just front chains, I got stuck a lot and forget plowing.
I'm a happy camper. :thumbsup:

006.JPG008.JPG010.JPG

/ 1815 rear tire chains #15  
Good looking set of chains,
what brand are they.
It is amazing what full contact studded chains do for traction,
both going and whoaing.

/ 1815 rear tire chains #17  
Great pics. I have a front and rear set and when I need them they make all the difference. I don’t need them often but they are ready and pretty simple to put on.
Bungee straps make a big difference too.
Harbor Freight has various sizes very inexpensively priced.

/ 1815 rear tire chains #18  
Got a foot of the white stuff two nights ago, forcing me to install the new rear chains. Looked pretty simple but I soon realized that I didn't have a clue so off to YouTube for help. I wasn't sure what to do with the rings and D-shackles - I think this is correct?

View attachment 676430

Anyway, they are installed and I can't believe the difference - I can go almost anywhere on our property. Last winter, with just front chains, I got stuck a lot and forget plowing.
I'm a happy camper. :thumbsup:

View attachment 676431View attachment 676432View attachment 676433

Looking good, Wes. I'm still waiting for rear wheel spacers so those chains will fit. Hoping for lots of snow to go with the predictably unprepared folks around here $$.

Where in the Slocan are you? I lived in and around Castlegar in the 70s and 80s.

/ 1815 rear tire chains
Looking good, Wes. I'm still waiting for rear wheel spacers so those chains will fit. Hoping for lots of snow to go with the predictably unprepared folks around here $$.

Where in the Slocan are you? I lived in and around Castlegar in the 70s and 80s.

We have 16 acres in Slocan Park, 30 minutes from Castlegar or Nelson. We are 'gardeners' but grow enough to make us 'farmers' :)

Got lucky with the 1815, lots of clearance between the tire and frame. My neighbor needs them for his Kubota BX.

Cheers! :drink: