1942 Aircraft Tug

OP
widefat

widefat

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200 Husq GT52XLS Husqvarna LC121P Husq 455 Rancher Stihl FS90 Stihl MS170 99 Ram 1500
I've driven them when I worked at an airport in the late 70's through 86. That is a relatively light tug, and it won't pull if you get it off of pavement. ;)

Ok, how many people have driven an airplane tug off of the road and gotten it stuck? Anyone? Anyone? Ok, I see one hand.

radios1

Elite Member
Tractor
john deere la145
I've driven them when I worked at an airport in the late 70's through 86. That is a relatively light tug, and it won't pull if you get it off of pavement. ;)
this one has tractor tires on it, I'm sure the one's that you used has tires for the pavement, which are not meant for off-pavement use.

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Ok, how many people have driven an airplane tug off of the road and gotten it stuck? Anyone? Anyone? Ok, I see one hand.

Many times. A local farmer used one to pull a rake, baler, etc. It had highway tread tires. I pulled it out of sandy spots many times with my JD model LA.

Bruce

MossRoad

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Pretty much every person that's ever driven an aircraft tug has gotten it stuck. Just like fork lifts. ;)