1942 Aircraft Tug

/ 1942 Aircraft Tug
I've driven them when I worked at an airport in the late 70's through 86. That is a relatively light tug, and it won't pull if you get it off of pavement. ;)

Ok, how many people have driven an airplane tug off of the road and gotten it stuck? Anyone? Anyone? Ok, I see one hand.

/ 1942 Aircraft Tug #12  
I've driven them when I worked at an airport in the late 70's through 86. That is a relatively light tug, and it won't pull if you get it off of pavement. ;)
this one has tractor tires on it, I'm sure the one's that you used has tires for the pavement, which are not meant for off-pavement use.

/ 1942 Aircraft Tug #13  
Ok, how many people have driven an airplane tug off of the road and gotten it stuck? Anyone? Anyone? Ok, I see one hand.

Many times. A local farmer used one to pull a rake, baler, etc. It had highway tread tires. I pulled it out of sandy spots many times with my JD model LA.

Bruce

/ 1942 Aircraft Tug #14  

Pretty much every person that's ever driven an aircraft tug has gotten it stuck. Just like fork lifts. ;)

/ 1942 Aircraft Tug #15  
this one has tractor tires on it, I'm sure the one's that you used has tires for the pavement, which are not meant for off-pavement use.

It will suck off road. They have very little ground clearance as well.