1972 john deere 820 open center

/ 1972 john deere 820 open center #21  
jww1960
When you refer to a line blocking access to hyd filter only line that comes to mind is a brake line. Is that the line you're referring to?

/ 1972 john deere 820 open center
jww1960
When you refer to a line blocking access to hyd filter only line that comes to mind is a brake line. Is that the line you're referring to?
must be, its shown going around the filter housing in one of the 3 pics someone sent me in this thread..

must be, its shown going around the filter housing in one of the 3 pics someone sent me in this thread..
but mine is directly across the bottom without zny way to remove filter housing..

but mine is directly across the bottom without zny way to remove filter housing..
and yes there is a dipstick in the rear of the right footrest. not having a manual i thought it was either a foot dimmer switch or sc differential lock..some pb blaster later yep its the dipstick..as for the small line you are saying is a brake line. with all hydro drained im guessing its ok to remove the line to pull filter?

/ 1972 john deere 820 open center #25  
Brake line can be R&R'd without draining trans case. You will loose only the oil that was contained in disconnected brake line. One will need to bleed brake after it's been R&R'd

Brake line can be R&R'd without draining trans case. You will loose only the oil that was contained in disconnected brake line. One will need to bleed brake after it's been R&R'd
thx sir for all your help

/ 1972 john deere 820 open center #27  
You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help you.

/ 1972 john deere 820 open center #28  
I somehow kinked that same brake line on my JD 2030. Probably snagged or hit something.
I ordered a new line from JD. It came prebent with flare nuts installed. Fit perfect.

thanks to all, i really enjoy this group,