1980s International 254 Resurrection

/ 1980s International 254 Resurrection #31  
Here's what I would do to test the switch. I would set it up with a tee and a pressure gauge and the switch. Wire up the switch to a light and then blow in the tee with the air blower on your air compressor. You start blowing into the tee from about 6-8" away and watch the pressure gauge. As you move the air hose closer or further away you can control the pressure. By watching the gauge and the light you can determine the pressure of the switch.

Ground on the battery to the body of the switch and the terminal to the light. The other wire on the light gets wired to the positive on the battery

I'm not sure but your I&T manual should tell you what pressure the switch cut's in at. There might be some numbers on the switch too.

/ 1980s International 254 Resurrection
Oil pressure switch closing pressure is 3-6 psi per I & T manual.

/ 1980s International 254 Resurrection #34  
Well I got it wired up, and put back together. She runs. FEL works as should. Just need to top off hydraulic fluid, flush out radiator and a couple other small things but it痴 working.

I know this is an old post, but I have the same tractor and need to change the hydraulic fluid. Did you use Hy-tran or standard Hydraulic fluid like from TSC?

/ 1980s International 254 Resurrection
Hydraulic Fluid.jpg

This is what I used. Haven't had any problems.

How is your tractor running and how do you like it? Have any pictures?