1st big snow of 2016 this weekend

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #71  
We got absolutely hammered. Big regrets not biting the bullet and buying a blower. Lesson learned.

Well if you like the snow, don't get the blower. If you hate the snow, buy the blower and to be completly snow free, get a snowmobile also. It'll never snow then.:laughing:
At least that's how it works out for me.:thumbsup:

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #72  
Well if you like the snow, don't get the blower. If you hate the snow, buy the blower and to be completly snow free, get a snowmobile also. It'll never snow then.:laughing: At least that's how it works out for me.:thumbsup:
We installed a whole house generator with automatic transfer switch after the ice storm last year that put us out if power for 5 days. Some people were out of power for 2 weeks. The entire country was out of power for about 4 hours as the substation lines were down. We probably won't ever have another power outage now.

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #73  
We installed a whole house generator with automatic transfer switch after the ice storm last year that put us out if power for 5 days. Some people were out of power for 2 weeks. The entire country was out of power for about 4 hours as the substation lines were down. We probably won't ever have another power outage now.

But that will be OK. My sister and I put an automatic generator at my Mom's house a couple years back. It has run once for a half hour plus the weekly startups. We are thrilled.

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #74  
Quite the photo's. Reminds me of here in New Brunswick Canada last winter. We missed this storm but I am sure we will get plenty later. Good luck cleaning up, been there, done that.

Attachments

• IMG_20151204_094626352_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151204_094626352_HDR.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Feb 16th 2015 Storm.jpg
    Feb 16th 2015 Storm.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 246
   / 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #75  
Ended up using the walk behind snowblower instead of the tractors. The walk to the barn in that deep of snow was not in the cards. That's why you are supposed to park the tractor near the house and cover it when snow is this deep.

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #76  
Ended up using the walk behind snowblower instead of the tractors. The walk to the barn in that deep of snow was not in the cards. That's why you are supposed to park the tractor near the house and cover it when snow is this deep.

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #77  
4 inches in SE MA. Much ado about nothing here. I hope we don't have another Jan-Feb like we had last year.

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend
Very happy with how my 'bota and the snow plow handled the snow.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #79  
Well, we didn't hardly get anything compared to some, but I've been straining at the leash to try out my snow equipment. 8+" of light, fluffy snow is not much of a test, but I still had a ball. Of course after the first face-full of snow I was wishing I had gotten a cab model, but it's no problem.

The inaugural use of the Mahindra 2555 / Erskine ES2400 combo was a complete success!

Attachments

• crop 108.jpeg
    crop 108.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 202
  • crop 101.jpeg
    crop 101.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 189
  • crop 104.jpeg
    crop 104.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 178