2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #71  
... and clever food chemists who know we are genetically conditioned by evolution to get a dopamine reward from those junk foods and that most will continue to consume them.

One thing you find, when you get off "junk food" is that "real food" tastes better. But it takes some time.

For those on a junk food diet, "real food" doesn't taste as good, is less desirable, and doesn't give the immediate satisfaction that junk food does. Junk food may be more like a drug than you think.

Don't let "chips" in your house. They are evil! :D I'm trying to get the wife to stop buying them, and having success. But grandma is picking up the slack, always comes over with a bag of some kind of fat-bomb. It's not easy.

You sorta do. What if "911" picks you up and you go to the hospital, the hospital has to accept a lower profit margin, and the taxpayer picks up the rest. not true in my case. I don't qualify for welfare. Money is one thing I don't need to worry about .Ive got assets. land I don't live on and no debt. My youngest son was born premature. The hospital bills totaled over $40,000 thirty years ago. It took me 16 years however I paid every penny.
I has a house burn down. A guy stated you burnt it for the insurance. I stated It was paid for I didn't have any insurance. His next statement was you fool you should of had insurance? I know a lady pays a $1000 every month on her familys insurance. They haven't used it. If she saved that money she would be better off. I despise insurance companies. They are parasites who rig the odds in their favor. The produce nothing. Insurance more than anything else has driven up the cost of health care.

OK I stand corrected, but plz understand you are an anomaly. Sorta self-insured-refused.

You are right about insurance, it is a twin edged sword. Raises the cost of healthcare, and creates its own need, while producing nothing for the country other than a drain of wealth. Consequently Insurance is one of the big players running the country, which kinda begs for gov't intervention to force a change, protect us from them.

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #72  
One thing you find, when you get off "junk food" is that "real food" tastes better. But it takes some time.

For those on a junk food diet, "real food" doesn't taste as good, is less desirable, and doesn't give the immediate satisfaction that junk food does. Junk food may be more like a drug than you think.

Don't let "chips" in your house. They are evil! :D I'm trying to get the wife to stop buying them, and having success. But grandma is picking up the slack, always comes over with a bag of some kind of fat-bomb. It's not easy.

OK I stand corrected, but plz understand you are an anomaly. Sorta self-insured-refused.

You are right about insurance, it is a twin edged sword. Raises the cost of healthcare, and creates its own need, while producing nothing for the country other than a drain of wealth. Consequently Insurance is one of the big players running the country, which kinda begs for gov't intervention to force a change, protect us from them.

And we got change, with more government intervention, that gives more revenue to the insurance companies. It is called ***** Care.

In NC, health insurance companies are required by state law to keep 1-6 months of premiums in reserve. The year prior to ***** Care, NC BCBS had 4-5 months of premiums in reserve. A year after ***** Care, the reserve was down to 1 month or so. Why? People with ***** Care policies were spending more on health care than was assumed. Since the policy's can't be changed, then the rates will have to go up, otherwise NCBS will go out of business. With the required rate increase, NC BCBS will end up with more revenue and higher profits, even if their profit margins do not change, which I don't think they can increase unless NC state allow the profit rate to go up. Seems like a highly government regulated process to me. Course one of the problems with ***** Care is that old people consume health care at 5 times the rate as young people but ***** Care only allows a maximum of a 3 to 1 price difference on old people policies vs young people. This causes a wealth transfer via health care premiums from the youngest and poorest part of the population to the older and wealthiest population.

When I was in 9th grade I was bused, because of court order, to a downtown high school. The bus to take us home came about 30 minutes after school was over so sometimes we would walk to the store in the government housing project across the street to get a snack. That was kinda risky but we did it anyway. What was educational was seeing people using food stamps to buy potato chips, soda, cookies, etc instead of quality food. There was quality food in the government run store but most of the food being bought was unhealthy junk food. Now, the people in the store were attending, or had attended, the same school as I and there was a mandatory health class that taught which food were good and which was junk. People were making a choice to eat what they wanted.

I suppose we could have the Health Police(HP) watching what people ate, counting their calories, mandating people weigh in once a quarter, and if they were outside the correct, government mandated parameters for BMI, the HP could force them to diet and exercise. After all, with ***** Care we are all mandated to be covered by health insurance, which is a shared risk, and therefore I should be able to tell you what is healthy since I am paying for health care. :rolleyes:

Later,
Dan

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #73  
I have no idea when however eventually it will get sorted out. It will boil down to the healthy will survive the sickly will perish. And those who don't produce don't eat. I know this because what we have now is not sustainable. What goes up eventually comes down.

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #74  
And we got change, with more government intervention, that gives more revenue to the insurance companies.

Yup they have a lot of control over our government.

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #75  
I suppose we could have the Health Police(HP) watching what people ate, counting their calories, mandating people weigh in once a quarter, and if they were outside the correct, government mandated parameters for BMI, the HP could force them to diet and exercise. After all, with ***** Care we are all mandated to be covered by health insurance, which is a shared risk, and therefore I should be able to tell you what is healthy since I am paying for health care. :rolleyes:

Later,
Dan

Unfortunately, there is some truth to your statement. New York tried to ban big sodas. Michelle *****'s championed Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 dictates the calorie count, sodium and fat content (among other parameters) of school lunches. Not too many people are happy with the outcome of that bill.

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #76  
Not too many people are happy with the outcome of that bill.

Food-sellers of fat-laden foods, and the kids with poor eating habits will be unhappy. Perhaps healthier, but unhappy. Also the parents who don't know any better. Well well if the kids don't eat the food and come home hungry they can just have a soda. Or if in New York, two sodas.

And the parents can further teach them to be unhappy about it.

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #77  
Food-sellers of fat-laden foods, and the kids with poor eating habits will be unhappy.

As are people who believe the government has no business micro-managing anyone's diet.

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #78  
Food-sellers of fat-laden foods, and the kids with poor eating habits will be unhappy. Perhaps healthier, but unhappy. Also the parents who don't know any better. Well well if the kids don't eat the food and come home hungry they can just have a soda. Or if in New York, two sodas.

And the parents can further teach them to be unhappy about it.

"Recent reports show more than 1 million students no longer buy school lunches because of the new restrictions. The regulations are also creating more than $1 billion in food waste annually because students are now forced to take fruits and vegetables they don't want.

In many cases, public schools have lost so much in lunch sales district officials have opted to forfeit federal lunch funding to serve students foods they'll actually buy, and eat. Just last week, Illinois second largest school district opted out of the National School Lunch Program, as did two New York school districts, among others.

At Westside High School in Omaha, Nebraska, students who don't have a regular lunch period often eat from the school's cafe which serves a la carte lunch food. Cafe manager Jackie Cambridge told KETV finding foods that fit the federal snack rules has been just about impossible.

Zipay told the news site lunch cooks have had the same problem, and can't even serve a turkey sandwich to students because there's too much sodium. There is now a two-slice limit on salami."

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #79  
As are people who believe the government has no business micro-managing anyone's diet.

You may be making a mountain out of a molehill. Thats not for you - it's only for people who are so clueless they NEED gov't to tell them what to eat.

Kids don't eat their lunch when they have an alternate source of calories such as soda pop. They're not hungry because soda pop or chips (oil/fat) are available.

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #80  
When I was in school the meals were government subsidies. Primarily cheese, raisons, peaches, carrots, etc. It never once crossed my mind to refuse to eat it and have my parents buy me something tastier.

So maybe the problem isn't the government mandated menu, or the kid's picky eating habits, maybe, just maybe, it's the parent's fault?? :eek: