2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #81  
Turkey wouldn't be high in salt if it wasn't processed lunch meat style turkey. Real turkey would taste a lot better too. On the other hand, these days you have to search for whole turkey that hasn't been soaked in a flavor-inducing brine. (Salt enhances flavors.) There is really nothing healthy about salami. I cannot imagine someone thinking a salami containing sandwich such as an Italian sub is ever going to meet healthy eating standards on a per meal basis.

So it seems the real problem is the quality of the food being selected, and it's likely K-12 school kitchens are not prepared, built or funded to create more than simple meals.

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #82  
Cancer- it is serious. My brother died of brain cancer. Others members of my family on both sides have dealt with it. Coworkers, students, their parents have all been afflicted. Was it always like this? No. All of the chemical crap has done its job.

2011_all_map_death.jpg
CDC - Cancer Rates by U.S. State

5112-Ever-Wonder-Infographic.jpg.jpeg
Which Countries Have the Highest and Lowest Cancer Rates? - Insight

7.jpeg
Leading Causes of Death in the US: 1900 - Present (Infographic)

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #83  
Just like with smoking- clean that up compared to what it was and look at heart disease drop.

Think about when smoking got going- 1930's to 1960's - look at the heart disease line.

When did we start getting good at industrial/ag chemicals- 1930's and we have been using them more ever since. Look at the cancer line. Medical treatment has helped decrease the line, but the causes are still there. Is chemo in your future?

Look at the countries with the highest cancer in the world. Look at the states with the highest cancer. They know what types of cancer are involved. They know what causes those cancers. Buy they would rather have the cancers than give up the cash cow.

It doesn't come free, this cash cow of chemicals. People are dying for it. Maybe not your neighbors and family- but mine are. Thanks a bunch. And some of you want to preserve your right to 2,4-D.

Last edited:
   / 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #84  
It doesn't come free, this cash cow of chemicals. People are dying for it. Maybe not your neighbors and family- but mine are. Thanks a bunch. And some of you want to preserve your right to 2,4-D.

And your qualifications as an epidemiologist?

Steve

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #86  
No different than yours!

So neither of us has any qualifications in that regard, but I do have sufficient training in statistics to know that correlation does not prove causation.

Steve

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #87  
Look at the countries with the highest cancer in the world. Look at the states with the highest cancer. They know what types of cancer are involved. They know what causes those cancers. Buy they would rather have the cancers than give up the cash cow.

Good post. But it's not a matter of "rather". There is no one group to solve this. Our country is divided.

"They" are on opposite sides of the table. One side would like to reduce of cancer by reducing known and unknown "risks". They often need to exaggerate risks to elevate the issue. The other side wants to continue to profit, they need to exaggerate the safety and benefits, keep you confused.

A smaller, somewhat recent event was Tobacco --- health costs .vs. Tobacco sellers. The people couldn't really deal with this on their own and gov't got involved, started micro-managing what people were putting into their lungs. And (by luck I think) the damage to our country is less now. But that was a smaller industry (Tobacco) and a few tobacco producing states.

The chemical industry is much much larger, and has substantial controls in every state in the US, legislators owned, powerful lobbyists, and a lot of marketing $$. With the current division in our country to their benefit. I don't have a lot of hope for citizen's health winning this one.

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #88  
My self I prefer to not use poisons. However I do use some. I use poison for rats & mice. and I put gasoline on thistles. every time I worm a animal im giving it a poison of sorts . a couple of week,s ago I drained some really milky looking hyd oil from my backhoe. and the goats came around front when I left a gate open. the billy drank about a gallon of that milky oil. He wasn't thirsty there is water ,salt & minerals available full time. I chased him away and he came right back and drank. the other goats licked every grease fitting. and it hasn't harmed them a bit. Kinda off topic I have a pet buck deer in a large chain link enclousure. The other day a mother bantam hen and some month old chicks where in there . that deer killed a chick with his front hooves and ate it?!?! the wife and I kinda frogged out when we seen it happen!

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #89  
I try to minimize use of poisons. Happy that you think about it. I use rodent poisons too, but keep them under wraps so the rodents inside my barn can get them but not take them out of the barn. This is not 100% but I make a significant effort.

the billy drank about a gallon of that milky oil. He wasn't thirsty there is water ,salt & minerals available full time. I chased him away and he came right back and drank. the other goats licked every grease fitting. and it hasn't harmed them a bit.

Don't doubt a goat might drink oil ( a little ), but I do doubt a goat could ingest a gallon and survive. Even a gallon of water is doubtful. The OldJunkMan gov't was wise to step in and micromanage this goat's diet! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Especially after round two.

I guess its possible it hasn't harmed them. How do you monitor their health? I wouldn't be nonchalant if my (human) kids drank oil they'd go to the ER. I spat out lots of gasoline as a kid though,,,,,

/ 2,4-D herbicide 'possibly' causes cancer in humans #90  
Hymie on get smart only smoked when he drank cheep oil.it was a five gallon bucket almost full. and I could tell how much was gone. its a milky looking oil mixed with water. His smell is as strong as ever and he still does the young goat from nan tucket thing. So he is still 100%. so ive monitored his health and pronounced him to be in fine fettle! Way back in the sixties I raised a gurnsey bucket calf. She was always a pot gutted rough haired scrawny looking calf. When she was a yearling she found a 5 gallon bucket that was over half full of gun grease. and she ate it licked it clean. she had the runs and squirted profusely for a few days. Then she slicked off and grew and had the prettiest hair coat. heck ive swallowed the good leaded gas many times back in the day when siphoning . gave me the squirts and likely killed some worms. Burned if you got it on your pecker!!