2002 Kioti DK50C heater issues

/ 2002 Kioti DK50C heater issues #1  

KanakaRick

Silver Member
Tractor
KIoti DK50S
I don't need the heater yet, but now is the time to be thinking of doing repairs. ..... I use my tractor in the winter to plow my 1.5 mile long driveway, and the stock heater just doesn't put out enough hot air to keep the windows from fogging up. If I put my hand in front of one of the two heater outlets with the fan on full, I can feet the blowing air maybe 3" from the outlet of the heater- which is about 6" short of where the windshield begins. Attached are some photos of the stock heater... does anyone have any ideas of upgrades or retrofits that may work for this tractor? There isn't a lot of room in the cab for aux heaters. I've taken the original heater apart and there does't appear to be anything wrong with it- other than not feeling the air come out
IMG_1253.JPG
IMG_7186.JPG

/ 2002 Kioti DK50C heater issues
Ok, then as a follow up, does anyone know how long Kioti used this configuration so perhaps I can get a newer unit that has more fan power?

/ 2002 Kioti DK50C heater issues #3  
A couple of questions. Is the A/C compressor coming on when in defrost mode? I seem to remember some issues with that.

Second question is do you have the back vents open? That is the return air for recirculating cab air. Just a few thoughts

Don't have any issues with the ac when turning on the heat. Which back vents are you talking about? The vents for the AC are actually above the heater vents in the roof, and they point down on the driver (and I don't feel any air from them when I have the heat on).

/ 2002 Kioti DK50C heater issues #5  
I was thinking the vents that allow you to choose recirculating cabin air or outside air. But probably not helpful if the vents are not shared. Hopefully you can figure something out. Good luck.

If anyone is interested, I solved my problem- I found an online auto parts store called JEGS and they had a 177 CFM heater that fit perfectly in the spot. Installed it with a night and day difference. The old blower, I could feel from maybe 2" away from the vent- this thing blasts the air across the cab on low and on high I think it may blow me out of the cab in a couple of minutes. So if anyone has a similar issue, you may want to check out JEGS.com

/ 2002 Kioti DK50C heater issues #7  
Check the filter and make sure the recirc. filter is clean, these things will get plugged before you know it.

/ 2002 Kioti DK50C heater issues #8  
Follow up, the fan has to be able to pull air in across the heater coil to condition it. So whatever air you have coming out of the vents is all that the fan is being able to pull in, the lack of air flow is due to a restriction either from the filters or the heater or evaporator coil being dirty.