Oil & Fuel 2003 Jinma 354 Starts runs 1 minute dies and will not restart without fuel prime

/ 2003 Jinma 354 Starts runs 1 minute dies and will not restart without fuel prime
I will take a pic tonight.

/ 2003 Jinma 354 Starts runs 1 minute dies and will not restart without fuel prime
20220623_185607.jpg

/ 2003 Jinma 354 Starts runs 1 minute dies and will not restart without fuel prime #25  
All I can tell you is I've use my JM 354 tractor for 21 years. It starts good and runs fine. It was a crate tractor I had to assemble. Besides the usual drain and change all oils and remove and flush fuel tank, I replaced the fuel tank petcock/strainer bowl assembly with a 1/4 npt (had to run a tap in the tank drain for this) and installed a 1/4" npt needle valve. I don't remember from 21 years ago, but, I did some Americanizing of hose and fittings till I got things connected and had good flow to the fuel filter. The OEM petcock had very small orifice and very restrictive for the fuel to come out. So, I understand your issues well and I addressed that right from the get go. bjr

/ 2003 Jinma 354 Starts runs 1 minute dies and will not restart without fuel prime #26  
Check your banjo bolts..
The one under the hand primer might have a screen in it..
The one on the inj. pump at the rear(return) should be a pressurized bolt or have an orifice..
It looks as though the banjo bolt next to the hand primer is your pressurizing bolt..& needs to go in the return line..
Simply going by a picture tho.

/ 2003 Jinma 354 Starts runs 1 minute dies and will not restart without fuel prime #27  
Well, you don't have a removable side cover, which makes it impossible to see the rack and plunger. Apparently you don't have flow issues because #2 and #3 are firing correctly. Let us know what you find if you remove the #1 barrel & plunger assembly.

1656055003489.png

Attachments

• 1656054579948.png
    1656054579948.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 107
thank you....will get into it soon and report back

I am officially done investing anymore time with this......

Does anyone know someone in the Rhode Island Connecticuit or Massachuesettes area that works on
These machines thanx!!

/ 2003 Jinma 354 Starts runs 1 minute dies and will not restart without fuel prime #30  
I am officially done investing anymore time with this......

Does anyone know someone in the Rhode Island Connecticuit or Massachuesettes area that works on
These machines thanx!!
Any journeyman tractor mechanic/dealer that's worth their salt can work on it. It's just a diesel engine.