2010 Kubota L3240HST - What Part to Connect "Rear Hydraulic Outlet Port?" - Log Splitter

/ 2010 Kubota L3240HST - What Part to Connect "Rear Hydraulic Outlet Port?" - Log Splitter #1  

srhotz

Tractor
Kubota L3240
2010 Kubota L3240HST - adding a 3-point log splitter.
I have no rear remotes, nor any attachments that need them.
I need a Power Beyond (PB) circuit for the splitter.
I am aware of loader valve options and I'm not pursuing that.

@TMGT did a really nice job getting into the PB between the Front End Loader (FEL) and the 3-Point.

I have the Kubota Workshop Manual and in the Hydraulics section, page 8-M8 shows the Rear Hydraulic Block. Item #4 is a Cover over the "Rear Hydraulic Outlet Port". This is where the Kubota kit for adding rear remotes would bolt on. Page 8-M7 shows the circuit and under the cover I see two ports for the PB circuit, and a Tank port. I want to access these ports. Images attached.

I am hoping someone here can help me identify parts available from Kubota that would mount onto that Rear Hydraulic Block and give me access to the three ports under the cover plate.

Can someone here help me understand what Kubota parts/options are in the Rear Remote kit for this tractor? I should be able to look at the pieces and figure out which I need. I called a local dealer yesterday but found no help. I have an email into Messick's. Are the factory parts/accessories available for the public to see?

Note that the splitter has it's own control valve, so any upstream valve would need to be held on either with a detent or a bungee cord. I'm not interested in adding an expensive rear remote setup, and then applying a bungee :).

If I can't find an off-the-shelf part to access those ports, I'll consider making one. I assume o-ring face seals would do the trick. Otherwise, I'll cut into the PB circuit like @TMGT did. That is slick.

Thanks in advance. I joined in 2014 after buying my tractor. I've beat it up since preparing a wooded lot for building. Now we are in the new house and working on a barn for the tractor. Time to split some wood. I'm considering Split-Fire and Brave dual-action splitters.

Attachments

• RearHydraulicBlock.jpg
    RearHydraulicBlock.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 82
  • ThreePointHitchCircuit.jpg
    ThreePointHitchCircuit.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 76
   / 2010 Kubota L3240HST - What Part to Connect "Rear Hydraulic Outlet Port?" - Log Splitter #2  
If you create an account on Messick's site you can access the online parts catalog. I've attached the page for your tractor, part 010 is the adapter you're looking for. It looks like the adapter for your model tractor is designed to mate directly with the kubota remote valve bodies. So if you want to do your own plumbing, you'll have to modify that adapter to allow threading something into it. Unless you're really handy, I'd say you'd be best off buying one of the kubota remote valves and using it to run your splitter.

On my tractor that adapter plate provides threaded holes that allowed me to connect my own plumbing. Here's a picture from the manual, you can see the two threaded holes in the adapter plate labeled 3 and 4.

1637588266262.png

Attachments

• ku-85330-219081-357998.pdf
    111.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
   / 2010 Kubota L3240HST - What Part to Connect "Rear Hydraulic Outlet Port?" - Log Splitter
If you create an account on Messick's site you can access the online parts catalog. I've attached the page for your tractor, part 010 is the adapter you're looking for. It looks like the adapter for your model tractor is designed to mate directly with the kubota remote valve bodies. So if you want to do your own plumbing, you'll have to modify that adapter to allow threading something into it. Unless you're really handy, I'd say you'd be best off buying one of the kubota remote valves and using it to run your splitter.
On my tractor that adapter plate provides threaded fittings that allowed me to connect my own plumbing.
Thank you. I'll check it out.

/ 2010 Kubota L3240HST - What Part to Connect "Rear Hydraulic Outlet Port?" - Log Splitter #4  
I'm not sure if it's sold separately or not but see if ypu can buy the PB feed kit for the backhoe.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ 2010 Kubota L3240HST - What Part to Connect "Rear Hydraulic Outlet Port?" - Log Splitter #5  
The issue with a PB hose setup like a backhoe feed kit is they dont want you using the 3PH. Because whatever pressure is required to use the 3PH while the logsplitter is attached is putting that pressure on the tank passages of the logsplitter valve.

Probably not an issue because a 3PH splitter is not heavy.....but a slight mis-adjustment of the 3PH feedback rod and raising the 3PH all the way will make the hydraulics deadhead and develop max pressure. Max pressure that is now carried by the logsplitter valve.

Then you need a hose to reconnect the two ports when the logsplitter is not attached. Thats just something else back there to remember and being in the way.

So your proposed method......you need two hoses feeding two female couplers. Two male couplers on a whip hose. Then whatever you need for the splitter.

To do a single "remote"....the only thing extra you need is a valve. Still only the three hoses. But instead of supply, return, and whip....its supply, PB and return. You can save the extra two male fittings for the whip hose in lieu of a few fittings at the valve.

You can get a PB valve for ~$100.

So in reality....you are doing all this to save ~$100....and having a greater potential to mess something up either with the splitter valve, or a whip hose coming unhooked or forgetting, etc