2013 dodge 3500 HD trailer towing uprated to 30,000lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / 2013 dodge 3500 HD trailer towing uprated to 30,000lbs #151  
Please explain this:Interpretation for 383.5: - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and explain answer number 6. I don't think things could be more clear. People like you are very dangerous, because you have repeatedly shown the incapability to read flow charts and understand laws, yet you claim to be some kind of expert because you drive a glorified pick up in the oil patch.

Agreed.. theres reasons why big diesel RV's still do NOT require a CDL either, but some just dont get it..

/ 2013 dodge 3500 HD trailer towing uprated to 30,000lbs #152  
I am a big fan of derating...I am actually a fan of uprating my stuff. Now comes the sweet part for this 26k and 10k combo. The ratings are per the manufacturer or whats on the registration...read the DOT specs on this. So, unless you can bribe the MFG to rate the 5200 lbs at 5k each...HMMM.....Yea , yea I know.
Now tell me for real how the **** DOT will look at a 1 ton 13750 GVR pulling a 14 GVR trailer. gross of 27750...right? Thats CDL territory.,,,
Now lets go get a F-650-rated at 26k for CDL reasons and lets its hook it upto a 10 k trailer....and no CDL required.............yep perfectly legal in every
state in the lower 48. Nope your are wrong. Read the regulations boys, you can not derate the the equipment anymore.

No need to bribe. There are MANY out there with the 10klb rating that 'technically' could be rated higher

We go over this all the time in the RV world - you do NOT need a CDL for the big diesels, even when towing or even double towing. It is NOT only about weight in this case.

/ 2013 dodge 3500 HD trailer towing uprated to 30,000lbs #154  
   / 2013 dodge 3500 HD trailer towing uprated to 30,000lbs #155  
Yes, I think some states issue and require special licenses for large non CDL trucks

/ 2013 dodge 3500 HD trailer towing uprated to 30,000lbs #156  
And still you have not offered any evidence that we are wrong. You have demonstrated no ability to follow flow charts, and have not supported your assertions with facts.

/ 2013 dodge 3500 HD trailer towing uprated to 30,000lbs #157  
I can haul roughly 11-12k in a hotshot business based on the info provided here. With no CDL requirements.. I could run them boys day and night, no regulations.

/ 2013 dodge 3500 HD trailer towing uprated to 30,000lbs #158  
Rod knocker, I dont mind admitting I am wrong in an argument. Especially when I can make money. I really like the fact that you and others have argued the point that drivers can be ran past the hours of DOT regulation because of a loop hole apparently found on only on this website.

/ 2013 dodge 3500 HD trailer towing uprated to 30,000lbs #160  
I really like the fact that you and others have argued the point that drivers can be ran past the hours of DOT regulation because of a loop hole apparently found on only on this website.

What are you talking aboot? Again?

HOS service begins with 10k CMVs. It's really got nothing to do with CDLs.

There is no loop hole here.

Status
Not open for further replies.