2013 Hay Season

/ 2013 Hay Season #31  
I pay a dollar a bale to have it stacked in the barn from my hay fields now.. less than quarter mile.. times have changed,, feed them lunch plus gator, bottle water, and equipment to the do the job.. Lou

How many do you put up in a year?

/ 2013 Hay Season #32  
How many do you put up in a year?

Square bale, 65 pounds,, about a thousand in the barn the rest of it is round bales.. last year I only got 52 round bales total,, 4x5,, this year I have not had a cutting.. but with this rain the last month maybe my the end of the month June,, I can do some round bales,, Might add if I sell in the field the squares are a dollar cheater,, if I store it then it goes up a dollar,, still lose money on the food and drinks but they are grandsons most of the time.. Lou

/ 2013 Hay Season #33  
Square bale, 65 pounds,, about a thousand in the barn the rest of it is round bales.. last year I only got 52 round bales total,, 4x5,, this year I have not had a cutting.. but with this rain the last month maybe my the end of the month June,, I can do some round bales,, Might add if I sell in the field the squares are a dollar cheater,, if I store it then it goes up a dollar,, still lose money on the food and drinks but they are grandsons most of the time.. Lou

How much are square bales bringing there?

/ 2013 Hay Season #34  
How much are square bales bringing there?

it got has high as eleven dollars a bale in the field.. I sold mine at six and half out of the barn,, five and half in the field.. that's 21% jig,, lab tested and certified,, mostly for horse but some buy it and blends with other grasses to feed to cows.. Lou

/ 2013 Hay Season #35  
Still been raining here. I know a few people who still have not gotten all of their corn planted and no hay in. Yesterday we got over 2" of rain after a week of showers. This has been the coldest and wettest possibly on record for this area.

/ 2013 Hay Season #36  
Still been raining here. I know a few people who still have not gotten all of their corn planted and no hay in. Yesterday we got over 2" of rain after a week of showers. This has been the coldest and wettest possibly on record for this area.

It sure has been a long cold and wet spring for you

/ 2013 Hay Season #37  
it got has high as eleven dollars a bale in the field.. I sold mine at six and half out of the barn,, five and half in the field.. that's 21% jig,, lab tested and certified,, mostly for horse but some buy it and blends with other grasses to feed to cows.. Lou

Wow!! That's a buck a bale higher than Alaska! :eek: Hot and dry up here (well, if 75F is hot...)! But, no rain for 3 weeks and it's starting to get a bit dusty. If this weather keeps up - I'll be baling by the 4th of July. :)

AKfish

/ 2013 Hay Season #38  
AK,, that was last year,, this year who knows,, rice hay which is a by product,, sells for 30 dollars normally (5x6),, but last year I paid 110 dollars a bale,, not the best of hays but it kept them quiet till some grass started to grow.. It got to the point that I had to cut my herd by 80%.. still waiting on the rain.. three years ago I would have had one cutting in the barn and getting ready for the second by now,, I am still looking for my first.. Lou

/ 2013 Hay Season #39  
Between me being out of town for family stuff and the weather, we haven't cut yet. Hay was pretty much ready to be cut when I left 2 weeks ago, so it should be interesting.

Aaron Z

/ 2013 Hay Season #40  
People out here already got their first cut done, baled and brought in.