2014 Jinma 254 Electrical Problems

/ 2014 Jinma 254 Electrical Problems #1  

2Old2Worry

Tractor
Jinma 254
Dear Forum,
My Jinma is basically dead. I get nothing. No lights, no start. The battery tests at 12.6 volts. I get the same voltage reading at the main fuse supply side. The battery is five months old I just replaced the iginition switch because I had panel light issues before and that fixed it ( I did one terminal at a time to avoid miswiring it). After I put the new switch on I had panel lamps (low fuel, etc) but when I pressed the glow plug button it went dead again. No blown fuses. Any ideas? The other day I went to start it and it acting like it wasn't going to anything but then started up with all lamps/tach.

/ 2014 Jinma 254 Electrical Problems #2  
The top of my list to check would be the connections at the fuse box. I don't know about the 2014 models but my 2006 had female spade terminals crimped on the wires and stuffed into the fuse box from the back. The low quality terminals would loose tension and not make good contact with the fuse. Also they would have a tendency to get pushed out of the box as you inserted the fuse.

Do you have a wiring schematic?

Even if you don't the process is the same. Using a test light, start at the battery and check for power at each end of each wire from the battery all the way to the key switch. Then from there, all the way back out through the fuse box to the starter solenoid.

Just because the key switch is new does not mean it is good. By tracing where the power is and where is isn't will tell the tale. You can make up some jumper wires to by-pass certain items in a leap frog method to speed up the testing.

It all boils down to tracing the circuits and testing

/ 2014 Jinma 254 Electrical Problems #3  
Quite often bad grounds are the culprit. My 2005 354 had what has to be the most inaccessible main ground. The other grounds all need checking as well. So far I’ve just been working back from the battery. The wiring on the Jinma is pretty low quality. I do like the little circuit numbers snapped on the wires though!

/ 2014 Jinma 254 Electrical Problems
I found a wiring schematic (at least I think it is for the 254) I will run a test as you've suggested. I did tract to the starter solenoid and had power to it. I check the ground wire for the panel lights on the gas tank. It appears intact. Thank you for your help.

/ 2014 Jinma 254 Electrical Problems
You right! Just because the started switch is new doesn't mean it's good. I will test it as well. Thank you!