2016 "G" series - Is this normal operation?

/ 2016 "G" series - Is this normal operation?
That sounds like brakes not fully disengaging. What's your top speed on flat ground in 2nd speed? A few others have had problems with brakes see these threads:

If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... ---> HEY wait a second this is your post! so sounds like you've already concluded your brakes are dragging. This is definitely your chatter issue. I'd bet those brake discs are warped from overheating.

I will have to check the current speed but it was 18 MPH when it was new. According to the dealer the braking system operates similar to an air brake system in trucks except hydraulic oil is used instead of air. Unlike a car where you apply hydraulic pressure to bring the pads to the disc this system has springs that hold the pads to the disc so you must apply pressure to over come the spring pressure and allow the wheel to turn . They claim the chatter is normal operation as the valve shifts and the cylinder fills .

I am going to try and call Bobcat direct to see if I can talk to someone in tech service.

/ 2016 "G" series - Is this normal operation?
An update:
Got the unit back from the dealer and it is much improved, not perfect but acceptable. Much of the time it is very smooth with no "chatter", after running it hard a very slight amount of "chatter" can be felt when slowly applying the motion pedal. Also the "hill hold" is working well now, just a few inches of roll back before the brake catches. They recalibrated the brake and motion pedal settings. It was explained to me that the computer balances the position of the movement pedal and axle speed sensor with the brake servo when starting and stopping, sometimes the hydraulics can have a slight delay that can cause the brake to slightly drag at very slow speeds.

The burning smell was caused by a weak belt tensioner that would allow the belt to slip under heavy load or braking. I had them put on a new belt and tensioner. I am now back to 18 MPH and 2600 rpm.

A software update fixed the engine idle surging that would happen during cold engine start.

all in all pretty much back to normal except for my bank account!

/ 2016 "G" series - Is this normal operation? #13  
Thanks for the update (y) .