2016 Ram 3500 opinions.

/ 2016 Ram 3500 opinions. #41  
Guys I have been towing way beyond max GCWR for almost 3 years. If anyone is “testing” these Ram/Cummins/Aisins in a rigorous way, it’s ME.
I haven’t seen any signs of upcoming failure and I’m at 30 months & 34,000 miles. Of course I can’t guarantee I won’t have a complete failure in the future, but I’ve never owned a small truck that could be asked to do what this one will do.

If you want a really SOLID heavy duty truck thats almost as comfortable as a luxury car inside, go with Ram. (y)

Also note, I am NOT brand loyal. I am just stating my findings after actual use. If this truck becomes a problem, I will consider another Ford or GM.

/ 2016 Ram 3500 opinions.
While I liked the dodge alot I decided I didn't want to write a 52k check so i bought an older Ford dually with some work done to it. Won't pull as much on a 5th wheel as the newer dodge but will bumper pull the same and I only have bumper pull trailers right now.

/ 2016 Ram 3500 opinions. #44  
   / 2016 Ram 3500 opinions. #45  
Some states may not do diesel emissions, but if your truck is smoking and on an Interstate, DOT can stop you and enforce the Federal emissions that the truck is to conform to when built. They're cracking down on the "deleting" of diesel trucks. Do at your own peril. Fines and cost of returning to stock can be costly! Once you delete a truck, it's considered on off road vehicle.

/ 2016 Ram 3500 opinions. #46  
As much as I dislike the latest emissions crap, I wouldn't delete it. Seems like you'd be opening a whole can of worms. I believe what you say about the federal highway/interstate enforcement.

I know someone who deleted and he said it was an incredible hassle to sell it. Wished he hadn't done it.

/ 2016 Ram 3500 opinions. #47  
I saw one of these Megacab, DRW, 6'4" Bed Rams in a parking lot a few days back. For a 5th wheel tower, the extra space in the cab would be nice. Any experience with one out there?
56485D54-D80B-4EF5-AB8F-0CDC85BE816D.jpeg

/ 2016 Ram 3500 opinions. #48  
I saw one of these Megacab, DRW, 6'4" Bed Rams in a parking lot a few days back. For a 5th wheel tower, the extra space in the cab would be nice. Any experience with one out there?
View attachment 773550
That truck will pull an unbelievable load and it will feel very stable and secure. Great trucks.

/ 2016 Ram 3500 opinions. #49  
No personal experience owning a Megacab but I have looked at them. If you need the space in the cab for stuff or people, they are truly huge. There is a lot of room behind the rear seat also.

/ 2016 Ram 3500 opinions. #50  
No personal experience owning a Megacab but I have looked at them. If you need the space in the cab for stuff or people, they are truly huge. There is a lot of room behind the rear seat also.
I think they only are available with a short bed because the cab is so long.