2019 Mahindra 1626 Shuttle Shift Hydraulic Fluid Recommendations

/ 2019 Mahindra 1626 Shuttle Shift Hydraulic Fluid Recommendations #1  

Roberts2600

Tractor
1626 Mahindra
Can anyone tell me what the recommended cross-referenced hydraulic fluid to use in a 2019 Mahindra 1626 Shuttle Shift? Mahindras brand of hydraulic fluid seems rather expensive and I was curious if that is because it is actually a very high grade or a branding thing.

/ 2019 Mahindra 1626 Shuttle Shift Hydraulic Fluid Recommendations #2  
Are you looking for different answers to yesterday's post?

You can continue posting to the same thread--A new thread with the same title is not necessary. But this new forum format confounds me too. :confused:

/ 2019 Mahindra 1626 Shuttle Shift Hydraulic Fluid Recommendations
Are you looking for different answers to yesterday's post?

You can continue posting to the same thread--A new thread with the same title is not necessary. But this new forum format confounds me too. :confused:
No, I don't think so. I am going to admit I am completely green when it comes to diesel engines, tractors, and hydraulics. :confused: The tread from yesterday was about engine oil and brand compatibility. Today I am asking about recommended hydraulic fluids. All I can seem to find online is the Mahindra brand but I am betting there is a brand alternative so I don't have to make a 3-hour round time to my closest dealer. If I am wrong about engine oil and hydraulic fluid not being the same please enlighten me.

Yesterday's Question: 2019 Mahindra 1626 Shuttle Shift Engine Oil Recommendation
Today's Question: 2019 Mahindra 1626 Shuttle Shift Hydraulic Fluid Recommendations

Thanks for any clarification in advance!

/ 2019 Mahindra 1626 Shuttle Shift Hydraulic Fluid Recommendations #4  
Why didn't you post this in the Mahindra owning/operating forum? Any quality hydraulic fluid will work fine. I have a 2005, 2615, same engine as yours. I've never used Mahindra fluids in it.

Why didn't you post this in the Mahindra owning/operating forum? Any quality hydraulic fluid will work fine. I have a 2005, 2615, same engine as yours. I've never used Mahindra fluids in it.
Because this is where I thought it should go as its an oil. What brand of hydraulic fluid do you use? I'm new to hydraulics so I wouldn't know a bad brand from a good one.

Last edited:
   / 2019 Mahindra 1626 Shuttle Shift Hydraulic Fluid Recommendations #8  
For a while I'd drive into the dealer and get "Kubota oil products". It's kind of a PITA because they are right in the middle of Spokane. So ..... I cross referenced and now use a Rotella product. It's available at the local O' Reilly's store - here in Cheney.

/ 2019 Mahindra 1626 Shuttle Shift Hydraulic Fluid Recommendations #9  
If just adding more hydraulic fluid are you worried about matting additives with the original "Mahindra" fluid with this brand or is it compatible?
No worries. You can mix brands.

Once it's time to replace the hydraulic fluid do folks recommend Traveller Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid, 5 gal.? It comes from tractor supply.