2020 Siverado HD

/ 2020 Siverado HD #81  
Headlights have to be low enough to directly night-blind drivers of sedans who, proven by being 'in front', are constantly getting in the way of tall trucks. :D

IIRC there's a rule of thumb that all lights on the front of a tall vehicle (SUVs, included) must be on whenever the engine is running. This would alert others when a vehicle has more lights to begin with, and remind them that consideration for others (in your ___ing way again! :irked:) remains, as it should, inversely proportional to sticker price.

btw, IMO NO 'discount' should affect this 'natural order'.

My last two trucks ('99, '12) each stickered a bit higher than my second house did, new ones more than my third. Hey, if current progress continues I suspect that in a decade or so we'll just sell our houses and live in our self-driving trucks. Our kids could even park theirs at McD's and be only a few steps from work AND dinner. I know, Some of us can see the future so clearly. (I'm the guy in the sedan, btw whenever I'm not towing.)

/ 2020 Siverado HD
HUUUGE improvement.

I wonder if there is a maximum height above pavement for headlights* and that's part of why GM designed it the way they did.

*I'm sure there is, but don't know what it might be and whether it would impact this design or not.
I think there is, I seem to remember an explanation about that with the Super Duty a few years ago. Curious as to what the GMC will look like.

/ 2020 Siverado HD #83  
Then what is with the new superduty? It uses the full headlight area, it remains lit all the time for both low and high beam, as well as daytime lamps.

582208d1544286750-2020-siverado-hd-350-jpg

The height used to make sense of low mounted headlights before this. But why now? It apparently doesn't matter...

350.JPG

/ 2020 Siverado HD #84  
I think there is, I seem to remember an explanation about that with the Super Duty a few years ago. Curious as to what the GMC will look like.
I doubt there is any rule about headlight height. When I have my snowplow on all winter the plow lights are quite high. There is definitely laws for bumper hight. I have seen people pulled over and the trooper with a tape measure checking a lifted truck.

/ 2020 Siverado HD #85  
Hopefully the changed where you add the DEF fluid and changed the air filter box so it has cam latches and doesn't have a support bar running in front of it.

/ 2020 Siverado HD #87  
I've noticed that the F250's blind me at night and many others have said the same thing..And I'm driving a 1/2 ton pickup, not a beer can.