2023 MF 1835M 3-point lifting of implement jerky

/ 2023 MF 1835M 3-point lifting of implement jerky #1  

Tony1126

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1835M
Hi there,

I’m a new tractor owner.
I just got a new MF 2023 1835M HST tractor with 5hrs of operation with 2 rear remotes and 3rd function on loader. Since I got the tractor early Oct, The issue I’m having is that when I pull the 3-point lever backwards to raise the snowblower from the 3-point, the snowblower does raise but it’s jerky and extremely hard to control the height as a very small movement of the lever lifts the snowblower by many inches. To lift the snowblower from the ground to full height, the lever only needs to travel approx 30-50% of the full range of travel. Does the tractor need an adjustment? If yes, is it a simple fix that I could do myself? Any feedback would appreciated.

(So far, I only used the tractor to practice how to use it, and only had 2 snow storms to plow. The tractor now has a total of 20hrs.)

Thanks.

Tony

Attachments

• IMG_5202.jpeg
    IMG_5202.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
   / 2023 MF 1835M 3-point lifting of implement jerky #2  
There should be a knob under the seat between your legs. It adjusts the flow to the 3pt on most tractors to slow the movement of the 3pt

/ 2023 MF 1835M 3-point lifting of implement jerky
Thanks, however, I thought the knob was only to adjust the speed to lower the 3-point. Do you agree? My issue is the raise speed to fast and the range of movement of the lever is very small as compared to the possible range of motion of the lever.

/ 2023 MF 1835M 3-point lifting of implement jerky #4  
Thanks, however, I thought the knob was only to adjust the speed to lower the 3-point. Do you agree? My issue is the raise speed to fast and the range of movement of the lever is very small as compared to the possible range of motion of the lever.

Hard to recall. It’s been a while since Ive adjusted mine. As for the range of motion when moving the lever, on my tractor this isn’t adjustable. It’s just a mechanical connection.

/ 2023 MF 1835M 3-point lifting of implement jerky #5  
Yes, the knob only adjust the speed the 3 pt drops or if fully closed, won't let the 3 pt lower at all. It will still let it raise though. I won't affect anything else on the hydraulic system.

/ 2023 MF 1835M 3-point lifting of implement jerky #6  
With it being this new it seems like a question for your dealers service group. Maybe you could even make short video of it raising to show them how its not smooth.

Just another thought,,,is your snow blower too heavy for the tractor, did the dealer sell you the tractor and blower as a package?

/ 2023 MF 1835M 3-point lifting of implement jerky #7  
That's how our first little Kubota was. Ended up getting (somewhat) used to it over the years.
Sure made precision grading with a rear blade a bit tricky.

/ 2023 MF 1835M 3-point lifting of implement jerky #8  
Crazy question maybe.. at what RPM are you doing the lifting? I know that my MF1533 will be herky jerky if the engine RPM is at minimum and the load is heavy. With the RPM about 1200, it is smooth as silk..

So, just a crazy thought.. is there enough hydraulic flow to do the lifting needed?