220V Plused spray MIG welders?

Sberry

Gold Member
Tractor
Mostly green
Thats 250 or 300$ for a machine cost 50 in parts,,, not 60% and how long to acquire, build, finish and sell for 900, forgot some basic design and layout for the first unit.

Mark @ Everlast

Advertiser
No, not really. It is a side thing and an easy thing to cough up some extra cash. Here, you can sell them as homemade trailers, and customers can go and get their own license plate for it with an assigned VIN from the state. I live on a major road through our town, and have about 250- 275 feet of road frontage...not sure exactly, but that seems about right.

OP
MinnesotaEric

MinnesotaEric

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010
As a follow-up I eventually circled around to what I originally was thinking about, namely purchasing a Miller Multimatic 255 and welding up my own 10", four-wheel, two-bottle, welding cart for it. That said, I ended up doing nothing because while waiting for a True Blue sales discount to come around, my pay loader blew a front tire the first time I fired it up this year and ordering in two new front tires more than ate-up my new welder funds. Been stepping on other rakes as well.

51101367186_d8dc941c20_k.jpg

The mobile tire guys are all backed up from servicing the pipeline equipment that has been idled but my new wienies should be installed next week.

51100379395_b5a3f3b910_k.jpg

Anyway, here is an example of the type of welding taking place in my garage which is basically limited to 3/8ths inch material and thinner right now. Fun little $900 job right here (there is more to it off camera).

Sberry

Gold Member
Tractor
Mostly green
Bust them down. Put them on. Read instructions for those type of wheels.

OP
MinnesotaEric

MinnesotaEric

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010
Bust them down. Put them on. Read instructions for those type of wheels.
Two tools I don't have for changing out this style of rim are a bead breaker as well as that funky Esco bead lock. I'm paying the mobile tire service $150 an hour to come and do it but the guys who do it for a living make it look easy. My wheels will require a shedload of wire wheeling.