220V Plused spray MIG welders?

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #51  
Esab product you maybe looking for
Aristo Mig 44i Pulse

You can click from der to TD product.

Euro manufacturers tend more to use term Power Source to define such machines.
Lot more reference to robotics in Europe, pretty much de way dey see future of welding going. Machine designed to support robot easy to program for a man to run. Machine designed for man to run real PITA to get working wid robot. You got robot function designed & functioning no reason to build different machine for man.

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #52  
I'm having a hard time finding out anything about them. Some old videos. It appears that they were high-end ten years ago and there are three used ones for sale on eBay for $4k each.

Edit: I found this sales brochure. It looks like an awesome welder that can do everything including work with robot welding. https://www.esabna.com/shared/documents/litdownloads/84-2912.pdf

Does ESAB have something like that or is it still a current model?

Lorch is still a current product with ESAB as well as marketing in the states under their own name. This is not Aristo stuff. I would stay away from that. The ones on ebay can be bought for $2500 but they have a couple hundred hours on them but they have a $1500.00 . Python gun with them. These things carried a 5 year warranty and they were solid !. Your attachment is still used today and the machines are available. i'll have a great deal on one coming up.

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #53  
Look up Lorch 320SP OR Thermal Arc 320 SP on the web. If what you see is what you want I may be able to help you own one for a fraction of retail. Python push pull and all the fixins. Lorch and Fronius are Lincoln and Miller of Europe except Europe is light years ahead of the states. PM to discuss.
Can you get the same kind of deals on the 400sp? Looking to upgrade the XMT304 and would prefer to run on 3ph which I don't think the 320 can run on.

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders?
Esab product you maybe looking for
Aristo Mig 44i Pulse

You can click from der to TD product.

Euro manufacturers tend more to use term Power Source to define such machines.
Lot more reference to robotics in Europe, pretty much de way dey see future of welding going. Machine designed to support robot easy to program for a man to run. Machine designed for man to run real PITA to get working wid robot. You got robot function designed & functioning no reason to build different machine for man.

Thanks, Fred.

I wish I was younger but I'm 51 years old and pretty cripped up for my age so I'm stuck working smarter and not harder weather I like it or not. Welding docks comes in when people leave them in the lake over winter and the ice cracks them up. Same with trailers that fatigue crack. No production, just a little gravy I can pick up. I primarily want to increase my ability to weld thicker everything and especially so since I have a small computer-controlled plasma table sitting around. That said, I wouldn't mind welding up four aluminum dump trailers, selling three to cover expenses and keeping one for myself (likely the first, since that will be the one I make most of my mistakes making).

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #55  
Very difficult to build a trailer cheaper than it can be bought. Only way is if the materials are free. Hard to make money buying a new upper end machine for those not in the biz. I am a fan of new tools and sometimes no good way around it. I had a repair come in last week required some patience. I said that no point in spending 2k to make 400 before expenses.
On the other hand if it reduces cost or saves paid labor then it's a gift. I fired my 300 up the other day to do a little and in the end I found my little dc buzzer would do the same basic work a couple minutes in an hour slower, didn't even bother with the heavier machine when I add to it.

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #56  
Very difficult to build a trailer cheaper than it can be bought. Only way is if the materials are free. Hard to make money buying a new upper end machine for those not in the biz. I am a fan of new tools and sometimes no good way around it. I had a repair come in last week required some patience. I said that no point in spending 2k to make 400 before expenses.
On the other hand if it reduces cost or saves paid labor then it's a gift. I fired my 300 up the other day to do a little and in the end I found my little dc buzzer would do the same basic work a couple minutes in an hour slower, didn't even bother with the heavier machine when I add to it.
I'd disagree with that. I've built a number of them. Usually I can build them for half the price or less. Of course, I buy parts from the source rather than the retail like Tractor Supply or someplace like that. I get new tires on rims for like 50 to 75. Fender sets (double axles) are like 30.00 Axles are a buck and a quarter to 175.00. Light kits 14.00. hitches are like 8.00. Metal, well it is what it is, but I get it from guys who buy direct from the mills in huge quantities. I do shop around as one supplier is always 30 to 40% higher than my better sources.

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #57  
Like you said you are getting a deal on materials most people probably couldn't. I remember Ron "Shade telling us how we were getting hosed for gasses. His best drinking bud selling to him at cost or the same as a huge volume user at cost.

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #58  
Then there is gang cut and jig assembly. We built 7 one time and by the time we got to the last we had come up to some speed, could have got another knotch with tailored welding with more investment. Engineering could improve it another pinch but all cost money to make it cheaper, not something a part timer could do at this scale. Let alone sell them competitively.

Last edited:
   / 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #59  
All thst is true but what the end iser pays is whsy matters. Trailrr mfg uses 50 bottles a week gonna be different than someone using 1 every 6 months. Shade can get that deal every 6 months too but it's cause of a bud, not typical or likely.

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #60  
Like you said you are getting a deal on materials most people probably couldn't. I remember Ron "Shade telling us how we were getting hosed for gasses. His best drinking bud selling to him at cost or the same as a huge volume user at cost.
Not really. I live in a rural area far from big volume. If most people look around, they will find. I've had a number of people who think they don't have a local welding or steel supply near them. I go online and find 6 or 7 just a few miles away.