2305 Hydro Fan Bracket

/ 2305 Hydro Fan Bracket #1  

2305Deere

Tractor
John Deere 2305
I have a 2305 and heard a noise under the seat after pulling some small tree stumps. I found the fan was loose on the driveshaft and was rattling around. After looking up what might be wrong i determined that the fan had broke out the center and was rattling on the shaft. That was not the case. The bracket that the fan bolts to had came loose from the rear end. I am not able to figure out what holds the bracket to the rear end. Any help or sugesstions would be appreciated.

Thanks

/ 2305 Hydro Fan Bracket #2  
Based on discussion in other threads, it sounds like the fan carrier (part number 10) may be splined. If so, and its spinning, either its moved forward/back (part number 9 looks like snap rings to hold the fan carrier in place) off the splines or one set of the splines are stripped. I found this picture, suppose to be of a 2305. Couldn't readily find it (yet) on the JD parts site.

First thing I'd do is spend some time and find it there to make sure this is indeed your set up.

Good luck

1623876422605.png

Last edited:
   / 2305 Hydro Fan Bracket #3  
Confirmed that the illustration posted above is for a 2305. Tried to find pics of a new fan carrier (Deere calls it a Bracket, Fan Boss Weldment P/n LVA801007, no joy. Only found pics someone had posted where his input shaft broke. It shows the remains of a fan, the drive shaft splines and if you look close, one of the snap rings. Second pic shows the bracket itself.

From his pics it does not look like there would be space for the Bracket to slide off the splines if the snap rings broke. But that's just a guess from afar.

Good luck dropping your drive shaft. Lot of posts on that subject in the JD section.

Driveshaft area.JPG
Broken Cooling Fan (2).JPG

Last edited: