2515H Bent Loader hydraulics

/ 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics #1  

Cablefed

Tractor
2021 Branson 2515H
Was doing some grapple work today and bent a loader hydraulic for the tilt function. Is there any company out there that sells an upgraded set for these tractors. I am aware the BL150 loader is more prone to bending than others and I don't want to take the chance of bending another one and being down. Any help is appreciated!

/ 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics #2  
I do not believe the BL150 is any more prone to bending a cylinder than any other loader with it’s capacity. Just do a quick search of bent loader cylinder and you will see many examples.

The issue is most people do not know or think about the stress they are placing on the cylinders doing certain task. Back dragging the bucket with the cylinder extended is a good example.

You could get larger Cylinders but then something else will become the weak link. You can have cylinders custom made as well.

/ 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics #3  
Did you bend a cylinder, or the actual loader frame?

Pics may help.

/ 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics
Cylinder. I was helping a buddy clear brush and trees for a new driveway. I am aware of the hazards involved when using a grapple. I probably side loaded the grapple with a tree and bent it. I kept working till the cylinder just pooped out and puked its guts out.

I noticed branson did add some linkage to the loaders reducing the amount of stroke the cylinder has when the bucket is at full tilt. I have the non linkage version.

I noticed on Fakebook the bent loader hydraulics seems to be a common problem with the BL150 due to poor quality per the consensus. I'm accepting user abuse on my end. I was just curious if a aftermarket company made a better hydraulic to purchase if I am going to replace it.

I'll call Reed and Reed Tuesday and talk to parts and get some input. I'll probably just replace it with a factory part and move on.

I will say I put this tractor through its paces yesterday....even with the blown cylinder it really impressed me on its capabilities for this frame size.

Link to the brand the folks on FB went with.

Not sure if any of you guys have had any experience with this brand. If so please let me know.

Well it looks like I bent them both, one more than the other.

Attachments

• 20220918_094742.jpg
    20220918_094742.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 163
  • 20220918_094749.jpg
    20220918_094749.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 151
  • 20220918_094823.jpg
    20220918_094823.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 161
  • 20220918_094844.jpg
    20220918_094844.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 163
   / 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics #7  
Link to the brand the folks on FB went with.

Not sure if any of you guys have had any experience with this brand. If so please let me know.
As long as the length is correct I see no issues with these cylinders. Just remember going to a bigger diameter will make the curl and dump slower. Likely not an issue but thought I would mention that.

At least with both cylinders bent it makes replacing with a different size more practical as both cylinders need to be the same size. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide.

/ 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics #8  
Ouch.

Sorry for your troubles.

I hope the fix goes well. I would probably just have them rebuilt, but I'm not a hydraulic guy, so I would take them in to the hydraulic shop and let them tell me the best way to go.

Update: The link I gave to the aftermarket cylinder is out of stock with no shipments in the near future. Reed and Reed is closed today so I called Mathis Tractor in Rome GA, great folks by the way, spoke with Robin at the parts counter. She is going to run these by the warranty department to see if they can be replaced. I'm 2 months past the loader warranty so it's a long shot. Branson in the past came through for me on past warranty issues. Cost for each hydraulic cylinder is $816 for each side.

If the loader warranty is a no go I will take them off the tractor and see if my hydraulic shop can fix them and or source me another set. Stay tuned.

/ 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics #10  
Hopefully Branson comes through.

Do you know what operation bent them? I could see it happening by going to pick up a log with the grapple pointed down, the lid hitting the log first which would apply pushing force on the curl cylinders.