3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain?

/ 3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain?
Get a echo 45 to 50 cc head with a 20" bar. I think mine was called Timber wolf.
If I was going out to buy a chainsaw, it would be the Echo. But I have the Husqvarna, which has impressed me. It starts a lot easier then the Stihl, and it's a lot more powerful then the Stihl. I just need it to be a little more manageable. That 24 inch bar is a pain.

Thank you to everyone for the comments. I'm going to get the 20 inch bar with the 3/8's chain.

New bar and chain combo, second chain, six pack of 2 stroke oil, and a new OEM air filter, and I'm into this free chainsaw for $154.04

/ 3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain? #13  
Rcpw.com here's where I purchased my last saw a Shindaiwa 600X. SAME as Echo . Really good saw . Sold my ms291 . If one is not in rush , at times they have even better prices . They offer alot on there site . No dog in there race .

/ 3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain? #14  
I started with and still use a Husky 53cc saw that had a 3/8” chain. It was okay and worked. When it was time to replace the bar I replaced bar (and drive sprocket) to use a 3/8” chain. It was like a new bigger saw and I’ve never looked back. It threw a lot more bigger chips faster.

I wouldn’t go back to a .325 chain unless it was for a small saw strictly devoted to small limb and brush work.

Your going to want to use the full power of the 60cc with a 3/8” chain.

/ 3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain? #15  
Eddie, I sent you a PM.
David from jax

/ 3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain? #16  
Heads up and beware:

IMHO, a 3/8” chainsaw kick (back) a lot harder than a .325” saw if the tip contacts something.

Of course, we here never make any mistakes that inadvertently cause a kickback, so no worries.

/ 3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain? #17  
Sorry Eddie I didn't know you already had the saw!

No worries. I'm guilty of being confusing when trying to explain things.

Another person on here asked about the saws that died. I wasn't clear in explaining that I've been using Stihl chainsaws for 20 years. They seem to last about 7 years, with at least two trips to the shop during each 7 year period to adjust them and get them running properly. When they die, the guy in the shop keeps it and throws it away for me, and I buy another saw.

This time around, I decided not to buy another Stihl chainsaw. I just can't spend the money on a brand that I do not like. I knew my brother had a few chainsaws, but I didn't think they worked. They looked really rough. I cleaned up the biggest saw, and it fired right up. Super easy to start!!! I'm not used to that. Stihl always takes awhile to start after sitting for awhile.

I wanted to buy an Echo chainsaw. I have a small one and a gas weedeater that both start super fast and easy, so I wanted a 20 inch Echo chainsaw. When the Husqvarna dies, I'll reconsider what I want. I might become a fan of Husqvarna.

/ 3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain? #19  
No worries. I'm guilty of being confusing when trying to explain things.

Another person on here asked about the saws that died. I wasn't clear in explaining that I've been using Stihl chainsaws for 20 years. They seem to last about 7 years, with at least two trips to the shop during each 7 year period to adjust them and get them running properly. When they die, the guy in the shop keeps it and throws it away for me, and I buy another saw.

This time around, I decided not to buy another Stihl chainsaw. I just can't spend the money on a brand that I do not like. I knew my brother had a few chainsaws, but I didn't think they worked. They looked really rough. I cleaned up the biggest saw, and it fired right up. Super easy to start!!! I'm not used to that. Stihl always takes awhile to start after sitting for awhile.

I wanted to buy an Echo chainsaw. I have a small one and a gas weedeater that both start super fast and easy, so I wanted a 20 inch Echo chainsaw. When the Husqvarna dies, I'll reconsider what I want. I might become a fan of Husqvarna.
Curious which Stihl saws you’re killing in seven years and what type of use (cords per year) that takes? I’ve only ever killed my Kombi and that was because it came to a sudden stop at the head, rebuilt it and it’s fine now though (12 years old).

As counter intuitive as it sounds if you want to cut faster you actually need a full skip chain. Keeping the rakers properly maintained and sharp cutting edges makes all the difference.

/ 3/8 or .325 chainsaw chain? #20  

As counter intuitive as it sounds if you want to cut faster you actually need a full skip chain. Keeping the rakers properly maintained and sharp cutting edges makes all the difference.
And people won't believe it until you convince them to try it. If somebody is running a 50cc size saw with the 3/8 chain by putting a full skip you can really bring that saw to life.