3 acres, greenhouses & heavy loader work + snow removal, Am I going too Big, Kubota M5-111?

/ 3 acres, greenhouses & heavy loader work + snow removal, Am I going too Big, Kubota M5-111?
If you aren't planning to use the 3 point for anything I'd say you'd be a candidate for a skidsteer instead of a tractor, that being said with the lifting you're talking about you'd need a skidsteer every bit the weight of 8000 lbs. I wouldn't worry about being able to haul it to a dealer, I doubt you would have to much if at all if you can do your own light mechanicing. You'd definitely have more overhead clearance and be more able to turn it around inside a greenhouse, loader work and grading with a skidsteer will be easier and faster with a skid as well.

The only issue that I would run into on my place with a skidsteer vs a tractor and loader is if I have something suspended or partially lifted off the ground and need to work on it and it would be near impossible to get out of most skid steers whereas a tractor you can step off and work on it, a prime example would be holding a log a few feet off the ground on pallet forks while cutting it into firewood. Tractors typically have a little more reach out front for laying something into the middle of a trailer or flatbed truck.

The 3 point is a much need and valuable commodity as well. Almost as useful as the loader

/ 3 acres, greenhouses & heavy loader work + snow removal, Am I going too Big, Kubota M5-111? #12  
i think after careful consideration im gonna have to find a smaller tractor. if this thing weighs in at 8100lbs i wont be able to tow it to a shop for maintenance work with my 2016 tundra. its got a tow rating to 10,100lbs. too close to gamble.

In the last 30 years I've had a tractor hauled to the shop 3 times, being the same tractor that's been here since new, and that was only because it couldn't be driven there due to failure. I don't worry about roading a tractor if needed, have driven it to shop too. I don't have a trailer to haul a tractor on either.

Everything else is done on site by myself or onsite mechanic.

Size the tractor for the work you have to do, not in the event it needs to be hauled.

/ 3 acres, greenhouses & heavy loader work + snow removal, Am I going too Big, Kubota M5-111? #13  
I'd guess that if you may plan on lifting 2600# noted in your post #4 you can get by with a 40-50HP tractor as most will have that lift capacity. They will also weigh less than the MF 2650 HD you're looking at and be withing your tow rating..

/ 3 acres, greenhouses & heavy loader work + snow removal, Am I going too Big, Kubota M5-111? #14  
I went through this a little over a year ago. I need to be able to move a ton of pellets off my truck with pallet forks. My JD 3320 was not going to do that. While shopping two large Deere dealers both told me to move a ton I needed to go to a 5 series tractor. Several Kubota dealers said the L series front ends won’t take a ton. I wound up with a kubota M7060. It really is a lot bigger than what I need for anything else but like a wise man said on this forum ... tractors get smaller with time.

/ 3 acres, greenhouses & heavy loader work + snow removal, Am I going too Big, Kubota M5-111?
I was really aiming for a rops but I managed to get a lead on a barn kept 2012 2670 HD with a DL280 loader and CAH, better condition and lower hours for 4k cheaper lol. I'm having a real hard time not pulling the trigger

Attachments

• 00G0G_ggjcrIuhI5Fz_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg
    00G0G_ggjcrIuhI5Fz_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 100
   / 3 acres, greenhouses & heavy loader work + snow removal, Am I going too Big, Kubota M5-111? #16  
Well if you're in Maine you'll likley be dealing with snow at some point and a cab would be much nicer to handle that task.

ya ive definitely had that thought.ill probably just swing for whichever deal gets me the most tractor for my budget lol. if it has a cab, great, if not, still great, haha

/ 3 acres, greenhouses & heavy loader work + snow removal, Am I going too Big, Kubota M5-111? #18  
cabs are a PITA on any tractor in any weather! ---- other than 3-pt a skidloader would work much better for you. Also you can get 3-pt. adapters for skidloaders, so that is another option.

Well I ended up scoring an M5-111 I sat on the fence too long for the massey but I was secretly holding out for a Kubota all along lol.

/ 3 acres, greenhouses & heavy loader work + snow removal, Am I going too Big, Kubota M5-111? #20  
nice! that's a serious tractor. which transmission does it have?
we need some pics!